Talk

Advanced search

Sterilisation?

(3 Posts)
Louiseandhercubs Fri 15-Dec-17 21:33:46

Please bare with this thread. I know it might sound a bit crazy but I'm really not sure where to go and any advice would be helpful.

So I'm 26, I'm a mum to three gorgeous girls. All my girls were born via c section, I recently had a miscarriage due to the damage to my womb (the third birth was HORRIFIC) my oldest has just turned 6 and youngest is 1. So my body has been through the ringer to say the least. I'm currently single and I really feel like 3 children is more than enough for me. I always only wanted three. When I had my third section, they offered to let me get sterilised. I decided against at the time.

However, now I feel like I probably should. I don't think I can take the loss of another baby.

My only debate is, if I don't get back with my baby's father and I meet someone amazing and new but they have no children of their own.

I'm just looking for opinions/advice etc to see if that can help me decide.

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Sat 16-Dec-17 12:23:59

You don’t need to get sterilised to avoid a pregnancy. These days there’s a range of contraception available.

purpleflower23 Sat 16-Dec-17 15:08:53

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, you have my sympathies; it's a horrendous thing for anyone to go through.

I'm not sure however that the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board is the best place to post your question as it is really about contraception. This is quite a sensitive issue and your post could be upsetting for people using this board whilst going through pregnancy loss. Perhaps someone from MNHQ could assist in moving it somewhere more appropriate?

All the best.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in