Talk

Advanced search

Very long period after MC

(8 Posts)
ApplesTheHare Wed 06-Dec-17 18:23:24

Hi, has anyone else found their first period after a mc unusually long? I usually bleed for about 6 days but I'm on day 11 and it doesn't seem to be stopping...

ThunderboltsLightning Wed 06-Dec-17 18:26:21

Not so much very long bit yes, quite wonky! After both my mcs, I had a very light period followed by a very heavy one. It was after the heavy ones that my cycles kicked back in and I ovulated, though both times quite a bit later than usual.

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 18:40:18

I bled for about two weeks after my miscarriage. It all normalised the next month 💐

purpleflower23 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:40:30

Unfortunately, yes! I guess it just takes your body a while to get back to 'normal'. Thinking of you xx

ApplesTheHare Wed 06-Dec-17 19:16:47

Thanks everyone. I bled for about 3 weeks after the mc itself and then had about 3 weeks off and, bam, this never-ending period. Hopefully it is just everything getting back to normal. I can't wait to feel normal again instead of weak and dizzy. I went for a run today but it made the bleeding heavier again so am going to try and rest and hopefully that will help too.

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 19:37:06

@ApplesTheHare I took floradix after my miscarriage whilst I was bleeding. Make sure your iron is replenished.

ApplesTheHare Wed 06-Dec-17 19:38:44

Thanks thingymaboob, did your GP prescribe it? I'm wondering whether to make an appointment with mine as I'm starting to feel like I did after having a PPH when DD was born.

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 19:48:32

I just started taking floradix which I bought over the counter. It's really good imo but you might want to get your iron levels checked to see if you need prescription strength

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now