Talk

Advanced search

4 miscarriages, pregnant again...

(13 Posts)
Nicole1209 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:27:29

Hi everyone. I've been following mumsnet and reading the stories you e all shared for a while now as I have found great comfort in knowing I'm not the only person going through this. I have one child aged 5. I was pregnant in December 2016 and told my partner on Christmas Day, only for our hearts to be broken and my first miscarriage began on Boxing Day. I then fell pregnant on February, miscarried. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant quickly straight away in April, but again ended in a miscarriage. I've been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic where they have done internal scans, pelvic scans and blood tests for numerous things. All of which have come back fine. I fell pregnant again in September, miscarried and bled from 1-6th October. I think had thick tar like black discharge from 27th October-10th November. I had an appointment at the recurrent miscarriage clinic on 21st of November where I informed them of this and they assured me it was nothing to worry about and that it was in fact my cervix cleaning itself out of the remains of the previous miscarriages. I have been prescribed folic acid, blood thinning injections to take once a day and hormonal tablets to take twice daily (once I find out I'm pregnant) Here we go again.... I found out on Friday that I am pregnant.... which I am obviously so so happy about. However the panic and worry is still there that things will end the same way and I'll still have no answers. I think I am roughly 5 weeks. I went to the hospital today and they have booked me in for a scan/internal for next Friday. I keep doing pregnancy tests to ensure I'm still pregnant. I'm wondering has anyone been in a similar situation and gone on to have a pregnancy due to being prescribed the above^? I feel like it's my last hope as I'm no further on a year down the line except I've had the loss of 4 babies 💔

Thank you for taking the time to read my very long post. i just want the next week to hurry up as I've never gone longer than a week after finding out before my miscarriage begins sad !!

fatandlumpy Wed 06-Dec-17 16:02:03

I can't offer any advice, but here's a 'handhold' and I wish it all works out well for you. xxx

Nicole1209 Wed 06-Dec-17 23:05:15

Me too! Thank you xxx

weasledee Wed 13-Dec-17 13:48:10

Wishing you the best Nicole, I've had 3 this year and taking a break from ttc...
Fingers crossed for you x

Nicole1209 Wed 13-Dec-17 15:08:55

It is incredibly painful. Emotionally, physically and mentally. I'm grateful that I've been able to conceive 5 times within a year. I have an internal scan on Friday. This is the longest my body has allowed me to hold on to a pregnancy as I've never made it to be able to have an early scan. Only two days to go and everything seems ok so far. Thank you very much. I wish you all the luck and very best too xxx

Erica891 Wed 13-Dec-17 15:14:09

It's hard to think you've gone through all those heartbreaks but I am sincerely happy you kept on going. I just wish you all the best and do not lose hope. God bless!

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Wed 13-Dec-17 15:34:01

Wishing you all the luck xx

BeyondHope Wed 13-Dec-17 19:24:02

Hi Nicole. I fully understand what you are going through. I have lost 5 babies ranging from 6 weeks to 14 weeks. I have a DS who is 3 and all my miscarriages have been after him. I am almost 13 weeks pregnant now and have my NHS screening scan on Monday.

I wish I had some advice because I have needed some myself during these 13 weeks. My consultant told me that I have to think of this pregnancy as a new one. I've grown a baby before and I can do it again. All of my tests came back as negative so I know that this baby has every possible chance.

I lived from scan date to scan date. My recurrent miscarriage clinic scanned me every 2 weeks from 5 weeks. Will yours offer the same? I pray you have good news on Friday. Please let me know how you get on. I completely understand the fear. smile

LucyW27 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:48:42

Hi Nicole, I had 3 miscarriages consecutively, all between 8 and 13 weeks. When I got pregnant a 4th time, earlier this year, like you I was given Fragmin injections, aspirin and progesterone daily. I dont know if they made any difference or whether it was just luck but my baby boy was born in July. Like you I had plenty of tests and there was nothing found that would explain my recurrent miscarriages. For this reason my doctor advised "let's just try everything!" . I'm pretty sure the progesterone didn't do much to help but there is definitely evidence to suggest Fragmin and aspirin could make a difference. I stopped taking everything after my 12 week scan and had a completely normal pregnancy after that.
I really hope it's good news for you too at your scan. X

Nicole1209 Thu 14-Dec-17 11:55:39

Hi BeyondHope,

Each time I had tests done I was hoping that something would show to put my mind at ease and for me to go "Ah, that's the problem. Let's fix it and then I can go on to have a healthy pregnancy" with my 5 year old son I had a normal pregnancy. The thought of a miscarriage never once crossed my mind. Now? It's all I think about. Every twinge, every dot of blood, every bit of pain I experience, I'm automatically thinking something is wrong. Did you see anything at 5 weeks? I'm sceptical about tomorrow but part of me is excited but I also feel guilty and restricted to letting myself feel like that as I feel I have to pre-prepare for bad news. I feel the same as you, I am literally living one day to the next, "I've not bled or cramped today. Another day closer" I'm living in hope I suppose. I'm unsure whether they'll scan me every 2 weeks but it is a high possibility given the circumstances.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you all the best in health for you and your baby. Please let me know how Monday's scan goes x

Nicole1209 Thu 14-Dec-17 11:59:29

This sounds exactly like me! I am so happy for you that you went on to have a healthy pregnancy. Congratulations!

The injections and pesseries must be doing something because this is the longest I've held on to a pregnancy without any bleeding/clotting. And only now am I starting to allow myself to start to feel hopeful again, instead of predicting the inevitable outcome that has happened the last 4 times. I shall let you know how I get on tomorrow. Thank you so much for your post x

BeyondHope Thu 14-Dec-17 13:11:30

Nicole I have only ever had a scan from 7 weeks. I wanted to wait so I knew 100% what was happening as a heartbeat should be seen at 7 weeks. I didn't want the doubt, the waiting, the re-scanning. But then my losses have all been later than 6 weeks unlike yours. They should be able to see a fetal pole and sac I would have thought. I am no expert though.

I know what you mean about wanting to find a problem. I was so surprised when there wasn't one. How can I lose 5 babies and it just be down to shitty luck?

You can't do anything now. Just have hope that this is your time. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and if you need someone to talk to then pm me. I know the pain. flowers

BeyondHope Fri 15-Dec-17 19:34:22

Hope everything went ok today Nicole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now