Talk

Advanced search

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

(8 Posts)
Dorabean Mon 04-Dec-17 12:44:16

Hi

My son was born 16 weeks early back in July due to an incompetent cervix. He didn't survive and it broke me. However, I have just found out that I am pregnant again, I think I'm 6+2 and I have had some light pink spotting all morning. It's only when I wipe, it has got a little bit redder but no heavier. Is this anything to worry about in people's experiences? I don't have any pain.

I'm worried about everything after dealing with the loss of my son.

Any advice or kind words would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you xx

BeyondHope Tue 05-Dec-17 13:38:58

Hi Dorabean. I am sorry to read about the loss of your son. In my experience, bleeding isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have suffered the loss of 5 babies and some of those losses I didn't bleed at all. I have a 3 year old and bled quite a lot for the first 14 weeks with him.

I am also 12 weeks pregnant and had bleeding from week 7-9. Quite a lot of blood and everything is looking fine. I won't say try not to worry because it's impossible. Do you have an EPAU near you where you can go and have a scan for some reassurance?

Dorabean Tue 05-Dec-17 16:08:50

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I have a scan tomorrow morning which will, hopefully, give me some peace of mind. It's so stressful!

X

SpringWater1571 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:44:05

Hi Dora I am so sorry about your son.

Congratulations on your pregnancy- I don't know if what you're describing is a bad sign or not as it varies for everyone. For your own peace of mind I would contact the EPU and ask to be checked.

Crossing everything that this pregnancy is a healthy and successful one for you.

BeyondHope Tue 05-Dec-17 22:03:26

Good lord ck for your scan Dora. Let us know how you get on. flowers

Dorabean Wed 06-Dec-17 09:47:16

Thank you everyone. Went to the EPU this morning, they did an internal scan and can see the sac and the yolk, said it looks healthy at this stage as is what they would expect to see. I have another scan in 2 weeks so they can hopefully see the baby and a heartbeat.

It's so stressful, I know there's no way to know if the pregnancy is viable or not yet but this is reassuring after this week. They said the spotting could have just been because the womb is more vascular during pregnancy. They were so lovely and very understanding, they said to contact them at any time.

Thank you for your support smile. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly from now on. X

CouldntCatchACold Wed 06-Dec-17 09:53:45

I'm in the same position op thanks
I'm 11 weeks today after losing my twins at 23 weeks earlier this year.
I have had early scans due to pain and spotting.
I'm having cervical scans and progesterone from 14 weeks.
I hope the hospital are going to keep a close eye on you this time. Don't be afraid to tell them how worried you are, it's understandable you are anxious and they'll want to put your mind at ease
I've found having a good plan in place has helped me to relax a little, but it's still extremely scary.
Hope all goes well for you x

Dorabean Wed 06-Dec-17 10:04:33

Thank you @CouldntCatchACold. I'm so so sorry about your twins, it's just heartbreaking isn't it sad. Nobody should have to go through that.

I have been told I'll be under shared care and will be seen regularly which makes me feel better. I will have the stitch put in at 14 weeks so I think once I get to there I may start to feel a little better. Wishing you all the happiness for this pregnancy thanksfsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: