Talk

Advanced search

Another miscarraige on Dr. Shehata's plan (PRED, ASPIRIN, Vit d3 and progesterone)

(16 Posts)
misscam Thu 30-Nov-17 16:16:42

Hi guys,
was diagnosed with boderline nk cells and high tnf alpha.
I have just had another miscaraige on Dr Shehata's plan. I was on predfrom ovulation, aspirin and progesteron.
Wondering if any one had failed experience on this protocol nd what was proposed after . did Dr S change the protocol ?
I was really couting on this treatment and nw I donot know where to start.
Iwould love to hear other's experience after a failed cycle with Dr s

ferntwist Tue 12-Dec-17 13:55:25

So sorry for your loss. I’m on a similar plan but not with Dr Shehata. How many weeks were you and will you have the fetus tested? It could be that there was a random chromosomal abnormality, which would mean the pregnancy wouldn’t have developed even on prednisolone.
Sending you hugs.

misscam Thu 14-Dec-17 11:02:09

hi ferntwist,
all my miscarraiges have been at 5 weeks or sooner but for one at 7 weeks withirregular heartbeat. the last one on the protocol was 5 weeks and it was natural so could not be tested for chromosomal issues.
i am hoping that i will be put on HUMIRA and that will sort the issues out.
Best of luck on your protocol.

ferntwist Fri 15-Dec-17 12:36:10

Good luck misscam. A lot of the ladies on the pred thread on Conception have very similar stories to you, with losses at 5-7 weeks. Lots of them are on their second and third trimester now with prednisolone. Good luck!

PJ12 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:49:25

Hi ferntwist. I am in a similiar position to you. I have had 5 miscarriages in total. I went to Shehata after miscarriage number 3 and was put on the same protocol as you (I was diagnosed with high NK cells and sky high TNF alpha, it was 57 or 58). He wanted me to do Humira (I'm supposed he hasn't suggest it to you if you have high TNF alpha?) but I declined (have read it doesn't work half the time). After being on steroids for 3 months I had my TNF alpha retested and it went down to 27. I got pregnant soon after that and started spotting at 7 weeks and miscarried by 8 weeks (happens every time, the steroids didn't make one bit of difference). I always have natural miscarriages so didn't manage to get it tested. Also, whilst pregnant, I had an awful reaction to the steriods (or it could have been the intralipids, we're not sure. I was ok on steroids when it was short term). They gave major major heart palpitations to the point where I can't take them now. Shehata's new protocol for me is Hydroxychlorquine (has he mentioned it to you)? I think he usually offers it to women once they've had a miscarriage on his treatment (so same protocol as you are on plus hydroxy). I can't take the steriods so I'm only on hydroxy and crossing everything that pit is enough. I did get pregnant again (whilst on hydroxy) in Sept, saw a heartbeat at 7 week scan and it was gone by the 8 week scan. This was my first missed miscarriage and I had an erpc and had the fetus tested. The results came back a few weeks ago and it was a trisomy 16 so no drugs in the world could have saved that pregnancy. Shehata said he is happy for me to continue on the same protocol. I am praying that this will work as I really don't knew where to turn next. Steroids seem to be the miracle cure for everyone and I can't take them sad. Do you have any children? I have 3 yr old DD and had no problems with that pregnancy. All my issues started after her. I'm also 38 now so I think age might be starting to play a role as well. Sending you lots of luck and I really hope his treatment works (for both of us). X

PJ12 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:50:25

Sorry, that should have said misscam not ferntwist

misscam Sun 17-Dec-17 00:59:25

Hi PJ12,
thank you very much for the message, I am sure it will benefit ferntwist aswell. I do hope that we all follow this threat and update on our journey to encourage each other.
Although every miscarraige is a missery, i hope it was a relief that you found chromosomal issues with the one you had while on hydroxy.
Steroids alone did not work for me and i have had one miscarraige while on steroids from bfp and another from ovulation.
I will update on my appointment in January with Dr. S.
lets hope something works for us. I am drained from these miscarraiges. I will be 38 next year and wishing for a miracle baby next year for us all.

misscam Tue 19-Dec-17 12:12:45

Hi PJ12,
I donot have any children

PJ12 Sat 23-Dec-17 11:40:33

I feel the same misscam. It has been two and a half years of hell 😞 I will be 39 next year and I know time isn't on my side. It was bad enough dealing with all the miscarriages but now I have the added pressure of time running out. If you don't mind me asking, how many miscarriages have you had? And has anything ever come back on your tests? I went to St Mary's and tested positive on their TEG test (which Dr Shehata doesn't believe in). They only prescribed me 150mg of aspirin which I did take in my last pregnancy. After that miscarriage they have now prescribed me heparin (even though the last miscarriage as chromosomal they want me to try heparin because of the number of miscarriages I've had now 😞).
Good luck on your appointment in January and please let me know how it goes x

misscam Sun 24-Dec-17 20:00:17

Hello PJ12, I have had 9 miscarraiges in total. Time as well is a huge factor for me as I will be 38 next year.I am terrified of trying again while my tnf alpha is still very high.
I hope I could get the humira and text to see if evels go down. My levels were at 33.
All the best.

misscam Thu 11-Jan-18 09:43:47

Hi PJ 12,
Had my appointment the other day. It went really well and like you I have started hydroxy. Will be on in for 8 weeks before trying again as normal with steroids from ovulation plus the hydroxy. Fingers crossed. I was not offered humira as my levels are just border line.
Keep us updated. I will do the same.
Good luck to all the others as well

PJ12 Thu 11-Jan-18 22:40:14

That's great Misscam. I have an appointment next week to have my NK cells and TNF alpha retested. I have been on hydroxy since July (no steroids since I can't take them anymore) and I want to know if hydroxy is even making a difference. I guess I will have to wait a coup,e of weeks for results. I hope you enjoy your 8 weeks off. It was a nice break for me. Not one I wanted to take but in hindsight it was very good for me mentally xx

misscam Sun 14-Jan-18 19:19:00

Thanks PJ12.
Hopefully your levels have gone to normal.
Keep us posted and I will do the same after my break.

Disneyrules Tue 16-Jan-18 00:11:44

Hello my lovelies, I'm so sorry to read you're all going through this. Do you know if you have to get referred to this clinic or do you pay privately? Im all fairly new to this so sorry if it seems a dumb quesrion. No idea how much it would cost to go private but it's something I think we may look into or have to save up towards as although I've not had as many as some of you I feel like I can't move forward or try again without getting some kind of reasoning or definitive answer. I suffered my 2nd miscarriage on 7th December at 11 weeks and am still going through it so it's early days and I don't think it's really sunk in yet but I am so desperate for a baby but I feel like I can't move forward or want to try again unless I get answers. xxxx

misscam Tue 16-Jan-18 06:38:45

Hi Disney Rules,
so sorry you have to go through two miscaarraiges. One is a nightmare , talk of two and more. I wish I had gone private after my secons instead of waiting for the 8th , 5 of those under the NHS. The NHS will only refer you to a consultant after your third unless otherwise.

For me, I am private under this consultant but some have been refered to him on the NHS in Epsom, Surrey.
We paid £1800 for tests, excluding those that had been done undeer the NHS. It would have cost about £2500 excluding initial appointment which was £250. consultation fee has gone up as I hear like everything else.
Goodluck my dear. I donot have a success story yet but I believe I will. I am still on the treatment phase and not trying yet.

Disneyrules Tue 16-Jan-18 13:54:49

Thank you for getting back to me I really appreciate it. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses it must feel truly awful, it's amazing how strong all the ladies are on here. Fingers crossed for you and all the other ladies on here. I think the fact that you have to go through this terrible and heartbreaking ordeal 3 times before you are sent for tests is truly awful. I think the NHS are wonderful and appreciate how far stretched they are but who realistically has a minimum of £3,000 to spend on going private!? Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now