Talk

Advanced search

Medical management how long?

(3 Posts)
Flameredbus Thu 30-Nov-17 10:34:10

Hi i am booked in for medical management having waited two weeks to miscarry. How long did it all take for you? I am looking for some closure on such a sorry tale :0(

keeponrunning85 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:54:52

Hi flame,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had medical management 4 times now. 3 of those times things started within a few hours after the tablets. I think it varies from place to place slightly, in my local hospital they usually just give vaginal tablets. The third time after 4 hours when nothing happened I had some oral tablets too. I found that the bleeding and cramping built up over a couple of hours and then eased off after I passed the pregnancy sac. It then took a couple of weeks for the bleeding to ease off completely.

The first 2 times I had the tablets and then went home out of choice. I preferred to be in my own environment but obviously it did mean I passed the pregnancy into the toilet. I felt ok with this but I know some ladies find it upsetting. The third and fourth time I stayed in the hospital so the pregnancies could be sent away for testing.

I hope that helps and I apologise if it was a bit more graphic than you were wanting.

Flameredbus Thu 30-Nov-17 17:08:17

Thank you keep. The hospital say i need to stay for five hours before i can go home. I just have a fear of waiting another couple of weeks so its good to know it should start quite quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now