Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recent miscarriage

(5 Posts)
MicheyH79 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:47:23

Last week I suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I have a DS who is 2 and a half. I haven't yet cried over our loss. I am a nurse so maybe my profession has helped me come to terms with it?? I'm just not sure.... It's been a week and I am going back to work tomorrow as the physical element has now stopped.

I am now in a debate whether to try again?? I am 38 and don't think I could go through another miscarriage.... My DH is amazing and he feels we should try but he will go with whatever I decide as I'm the one that has to go through it physically. Am I right to put a stop to it??

Santawontbelong Wed 01-Nov-17 17:49:58

Firstly sorry for your loss.
I had ds at 37 and another at 43. I would say you had plenty of time for another try.

MicheyH79 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:27:54

Thanks Santawontbelong. Maybe I need to give it some time.... just don't know what to do

Santawontbelong Wed 01-Nov-17 18:48:36

I had a mc very young and it was bloody awful. I had one at 45 and it was totally different. Accepted it was a part of the brutality of ttc, pregnancy, childbirth as a whole. All the harsh realities you don't realise as a youngster! Accepting ttc over a certain age is more challenging is the way to move forward but not necessarily a reason to not.

MicheyH79 Wed 01-Nov-17 19:19:24

I met my DH late in life and I had come to the fact that I would probably never have children and then I met him.... he changed my life... he loved me unconditionally (I have had issues with my weight all my life).... we had a whirlwind and married nearly 4yrs ago. Our DS is 2.5yrs and he is a little star and brings soooo much joy to our lives. If the m/c had not happened then it would have been due a few days after DS 3rd birthday. So I have booked a holiday away to occupy my mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now