Talk

Advanced search

ERPC - any tips?

(9 Posts)
MegsMog Tue 31-Oct-17 06:18:25

Self explanatory really. Am booked in for an ERPC after a MMC, all my previous MC have been early and passed naturally so I've never had the procedure before.

Any tips for recovery? The midwife did say I will still bleed afterwards, but are we talking light period or clots? Were you in pain afterwards? Thank you.

SloanePeterson Tue 31-Oct-17 06:24:32

Sorry you're going to though this flowers I've had two and had really minimal bleeding after both, barely enough to warrant a pad though I kept expecting more to come. Equally I really didn't suffer any physical pain. I don't know if I was just fortunate. I came round crying both times though (I always do after a general anaesthetic, apparently it's very common) and was very grateful that there was a nurse sat with me while I was in recovery who talked to me until I felt a bit better.

NotMyMonkees Tue 31-Oct-17 06:26:00

Sorry you're going through this. With my erpc I had a laparoscopy at the same time, so an extra incision through my stomach, and I think the main soreness I had was from that. Bleeding was very light. It was my first general anaesthetic and I was surprised how woozy I felt for 3-4 days afterwards, so had to really take it easy. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

ForTheLoveOfGrace Tue 31-Oct-17 06:30:04

Sorry you’re going through this OP with mine I bleed a lot & needed the thicker sanitary towels (wasn’t aloud to use tampons) but it calmed down after a few days I don’t remember clots as such. They monitor your fluid outtake & BP etc before letting you home & the pain for me wasn’t too bad it was more the emotional side I found hard to handle. Lots of rest & don’t go rushing back into things until you’re ready. Fresh air is your friend. Hope it goes ok for you. Hugs

MegsMog Tue 31-Oct-17 06:50:40

Thanks all.

Sloane that is reassuring.

NotMy this will be my first GA too. Hopefully I will avoid a Laparoscopy but of course you never know!

ForTheLove that's useful to know, thank you - I'll pack some thick pads just in case.

MrsMattMurdock Tue 31-Oct-17 14:34:43

Hi, I've had 2. Pain was minimal afterwards. Paracetamol was enough. It was a combination of cramping and general internal "tenderness". Bled for 2-3 weeks although on day 5 or 6 passed a lot of clots in the evening which was grim. It was just like a medium period apart from that. GA was fine, almost relaxing! Apart from the emotional trauma of course. Just take it easy for as long as you can after and remember that your hormones will affect your feelings.

ForTheLoveOfGrace Thu 09-Nov-17 18:25:04

Don’t worry if you don’t want to reply I was just wondering how you are doing OP & if all went ok. Thinking of you flowers

MegsMog Mon 13-Nov-17 11:01:47

Hi forthelove - it was a really good experience actually. All the staff were really lovely, I wasn't waiting for long and had a private room to wait in, and the procedure itself was very straight forward. The GA was not at all scary and I was home a couple of hours later. Recovery has been very straightforward - still bleeding but not much. So basically it was all as good (!) as I could have hoped for given the sad circumstances. X

ForTheLoveOfGrace Mon 13-Nov-17 16:35:40

I’m really pleased it went ok. You take care & all the best for the future x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: