Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2nd miscarriage

(7 Posts)
Vicky369 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:47:06

Hello

I had a miscarriage I July naturally at 4-5 weeks. It was awfully traumatic and I was in shock. Me and hubby decided we were t going to put any pressure on ourselves and after a period I became pregnant again. We were relieved happy scared bit after getting to 8 weeks thought maybe all ok etc. I went for a scan this week and babies heartbeat had stopped. I had no symptoms at all and we were devastated with endless crying. I took Misoprostol yesterday as couldn’t wait to pass baby naturally as it’s torture for me. I passed what I believe was baby and lots of blood and clots. I cannot believe this is happening again it’s surreal immensely painful and I just don’t understand. I’m mentally and physically exhausted sad

Mariemarie133 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:09:50

Hun, i'm in the same position kind of. This is my first MC. Bleeding since Tuesday and so scared and mentally exhausted that i've refused to go to the hospital. I've just been sitting at home bleeding. It's awful and you're not alone in this xx

gingerbreadmam Sat 28-Oct-17 19:20:21

I know that feeling. It's so sad and distressing.

Make sure you inform your gp about both mc's as they will follow it up if anything happens in future.

You may want to have some counselling to help, I found it very useful.

I've had a first trimester mmc very traumatic a stillbirth and a second trimester mmc. It is horrendous. It does get better though. I will be TTC again sometime in the near future and just keep telling myself people have easy uncomplicated pregnancies every day. Surely I will be one of those people one day.

Sorry you are going through this. I hope the physical side passes quickly.

Vicky369 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:02:58

Hello Marie I’m sorry you are going through it too, I hope you have support. I know it’s scary and draining but when I have been to the hospital they have been compassionate and caring. Sometimes they just do bloods and do a quick exam to make sure ur not bleeding too much. The miscarriage association and the tommy website have good info and advice to help also. I hope peace comes to you soon x

Hi gingerbreadmam sorry you have been through it 3 times I can’t imagine going through it three times. I’m speaking to a counsellor and my doctor is lovely so she knows that I’ve had 2. I hope u get your baby.

These forums have been a massive comfort to me thankyou both x

gingerbreadmam Sat 28-Oct-17 21:08:18

The Vicky the third time was a breeze emotionally. I guess you come to expect it.

Sadly mc is so bloody common but as I said earlier nowhere near as common as a good healthy pregnancy. I hope next time everything goes smoothly for you.

Has baby stopped growing around the same time each time? Have you thought about taking baby aspiring and / or higher doses of folic acid?

I've read a lot on here about people taking extra vitamin d too.

I'm taking vitamin d, 5mg folic acid and b12 at the moment and going to add niacin b3 or 6 can't remember which to that too.

Delirious2216 Sun 29-Oct-17 07:49:55

Hello Vicky I completely understand what you are going through. I have just had my third miscarriage in the space of a year at the same point of 5 weeks and this was the worst one yet in terms of the emotional and physical pain. I am in pieces. I literally shut everyone out including my husband because I don't feel people understand what you are going through unless they have experienced it. I'm so frustrated with all the medics who haven't really helped me much in the last few months in terms of determining the cause. I'm 38 and losing hope and just need someone to tell me it will happen. :-(

gingerbreadmam Sun 29-Oct-17 08:03:40

Delirious that's awful. So sorry. Do you have any other DC? I only ask as you have reached a significant milestone now in that the NHS should refer you for testing.

I hope you can get something sorted flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now