Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage at 5.5 weeks vs miscarriage at 11 weeks?

(22 Posts)
lookingforthecorkscrew Mon 23-Oct-17 12:47:51

I’m 5.5 and it’s looking like I’ll miscarry over the next few days. I had a miscarriage in April at 11 weeks that was physically very traumatic - I passed a lot of clots, tissue and a large sac. I guess I’m asking for reassurance that a 5 week miscarriage won’t be as hideous, will it?!

AP1974 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:25:14

Hi everyone

I'm 43 and my partner and I were over the moon 3 weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant. The pregnancy wasn't planned and I don't have any children.

Anyway I had a miscarriage yesterday which was one of my toughest days and I'm struggling to cope with what's happened. What makes it worse is I keep blaming myself and telling myself it was really my final chance to become a Mum before my biological clocks ends. When I had an internal scan on Friday night baby was fine. I went to GAU due to some bleeding which worsened by Sunday morning together with severe cramps

How do I move forward and should I try to conceive again when. Kam ready

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated. As I said I keep blaming myself. When I found out I was pregnant, I gave up smoking stopped my anxiety medication and was careful what I ate

I'm devastated

bluebird3 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:22:23

I had a mc at 6 weeks and only had about 2-3 hour of cramps - only a bit worse than normal period cramps. And I only passed 2 clots about an inch long. That was it, plus af type bleeding for 3 weeks. It wasn’t bad physically. So sorry for your loss.

Dozer Mon 23-Oct-17 17:26:01

Very sorry for your losses lookingforthecorkscrew, and AP1974 too. AP, the mc was not your fault. The mc risk is, sadly, high because you’re over 40.

IME 11wks mc was far, far worse in terms of the physical experience than 6 weeks. Hope it’s that way for you too, OP.

SleepFreeZone Mon 23-Oct-17 17:28:44

A miscarriage at your duration will be like a heavy period OP. I've had four miscarriages and the early ones were absolutely fine physically.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Mon 23-Oct-17 17:35:05

I’m sorry to hear that OP. I had a mc at 7 weeks and it was just like a heavy period, nothing physically traumatic.

AP1974 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:58:03

Thank you for your kind words and I'm sorry for all your loss too. I guess every woman is different. My bleeding started off light on Friday morning and increased. Sunday morning I woke up with severe cramping and the bleeding worsened I felt as if I was going to faint before my partner rushed me to a&e xxx

Santawontbelong Mon 23-Oct-17 20:02:03

I mc a 6 weeks foetus after 3 hours of painful contractions and the urge to push. Passed an intake quite clear sack, cord and foetus. .
The bleeding subsided soon after and no complications at all.
Sorry for your loss.
flowers

AP1974 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:09:34

Aaawww I'm so sorry to hear that I really am was this today?? Sending you hugs and kisses xxx

lookingforthecorkscrew Mon 23-Oct-17 20:19:37

Hi all, I had a scan at EPU today which just showed an empty sac - though apparently that can be normal at this stage. So I’m back to waiting. Still spotting, still light at this stage but I’m def a bit more crampy.

AP1974 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:40:25

Hi I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes ok. I know they say every woman is different my cramps and bleeding was severe. Don't mean to get your hopes up but yours sounds normal they say slight spotting and cramping is normal x

flumpybear Mon 23-Oct-17 20:50:44

When I was pregnant with my DS I saw my sac with a small foetal pole at 5 weeks 6 days - he is now 5 years old. Cramping xZn often happen through pregnancy anyway and I always had that horrible flooding feeling - loads of bleeding with my first baby as well as miscarriages so keep positive as it could easily look up by tour next scan!
Good luck

Tinkerlink Mon 23-Oct-17 22:28:36

Hi I have had a miscarriage today at 5+5 I started spotting at the weekend along with a back ache. I’ve passed a few small clots and that’s it. I was shocked as I would have imagined it would have been worse. I’m gutted and keep thinking it’s a mistake but deep down I know.

I hope your ok x

AP1974 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:36:33

I'm really sorry for your loss Tinkerlink I completely understand what you're going through I also keep telling myself that it's a mistake and that the doctor is wrong part of me also keeps fooling myself be strong ok. If you're younger than me you can try again when you're ready xxx

Tinkerlink Tue 24-Oct-17 12:15:56

Thanks Ap it’s awful isn’t it. One minute I’m fine the next crying my eyes out.

I know it’s really hard but I keep looking at the positives and now I know we can ‘get’ pregnant.

Sorry for your loss too. Stay strong x x x

AP1974 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:10:13

You're not on your own ... I'm going through exactly the same! One minute strong the next very tearful I think it's normal as we are both grieving.

But you're absolutely spot on ... at least we both know we can get pregnant although at my age it was a miracle! 😀

This will hopefully make you laugh ... I called the fertility clinic earlier to find out if I can have a check up regarding quality of my eggs! Anyway she might as well have just said "sorry love you're past your sell by date" sure knows how to hit a girl where it hurts or whatever the saying is!

Be strong ... we're all going through the same xxx

Tinkerlink Tue 24-Oct-17 13:53:50

Ap that’s not nice at all! How insensitive of her. The cheek of it 😮

Keep positive it’s happened for you once so it can happen again. Keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏻

X x x

lookingforthecorkscrew Tue 24-Oct-17 20:43:41

Update: the spotting didn’t get worse and it seemed to stop overnight. So it might not be game over. We’ll see...

Tinkerlink Tue 24-Oct-17 20:52:23

That’s great news!!!! Keeping everything crossed for you x

lookingforthecorkscrew Mon 30-Oct-17 18:01:43

Little update on this. I had another scan today and saw a bean with a heartbeat. In shock!

Santawontbelong Mon 30-Oct-17 18:19:30

Ah that's fantastic op!!

Tinkerlink Mon 30-Oct-17 19:21:45

Thanks great news 😍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now