Talk

Advanced search

2nd period after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Bettybecks12 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:24:19

Hi, I had a miscarriage in August and had my first period no problem 4 weeks later, it wasn't painful, just normal. Am now late for my second period and had three BFN's so am definitely not pregnant. I've been cramping for a week now but no AF. Has anyone experienced this and if so, when did you go to the doc, if at all? After having had tests done earlier in the year, a miscarriage with follow up apps etc. I'm done with running to the doctor at the moment and worrying about what's going on in my uterus (or not!) sad - any advice and shared experiences would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 18-Oct-17 12:31:51

Sorry for your loss Betty. My cycles came back quickly after each of my mcs but they've been quite different off and on for a few months. If you're feeling okay and not in much pain I'd wait and see what happens. It might be a bit late and then normal, might be more or less painful, shorter, longer, heavier or lighter for a while as your system gets back to normal. Mine have stayed the same length but I had a couple in the summer which were torrentially heavy but very short, which isn't normal for me. They're back to normal again now.

I totally get not wanting to rush back to the doctor, and I imagine they'll tell you wait it out and see what happens anyway. Hope you're not too uncomfortable and af arrives soon.

Bettybecks12 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:00:04

Many thanks Anne - and sorry for your losses (!) too! We're keen to start trying again but obviously, the cycles being messed up doesn't help...and yes, I think my doc would just tell me to wait a bit longer.

Disneyrules Fri 20-Oct-17 11:04:10

Sorry for your loss hun x from personal experience it took a good few months for my periods to completely settle. It took 6 weeks after my miscarriage then after that they were still a bit unsettled. I'm just waiting it out and hoping they get back to normal as like you....ill do anything to avoid going to the Drs xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: