Talk

Advanced search

Insensitive husband

(4 Posts)
confusedwife84 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:07:26

This week is baby loss awareness week. DH and I were sitting and he was flicking through his Instagram feed and someone he follows put up a post about a miscarriage they’d had in the past and remembering this little baby, and he said “I hate when people put up stuff like that, i wish they’d keep it to themselves” this has greatly offended me considering I had a miscarriage over a year ago and still think of that little one very frequently. I can’t put into words the reason this has hurt me so much...as though miscarriages should just be dealt with quietly and forgotten about. Aaarrrgh.
Sorry for vent.

ferntwist Tue 17-Oct-17 20:00:11

I don't blame you, that is so insensitive of him considering what you've been through. Hugs

Brienne Mon 30-Oct-17 08:36:05

My DH just doesn't get it. I had 2 miscarriages a year ago and we've now given up trying and are concentrating on DD (3)
He thinks you just get over it. In truth, I don't think you ever do. You just learn to live with it. I've given up talking about it with him. I had some counselling and the counsellor told me to rely on different people for different things. Trouble is, there isn't really anyone I can talk to about this....

MissL85 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:39:44

I've recently had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and 2 days. I'm absolutely devastated and frequently start crying. My OH says that I was too eager too soon. I mentioned about it being a baby; he said he didn't see it as a baby. I'm desperate to try again as soon as possible; he isn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now