Talk

Advanced search

Missed Miscarriage

(4 Posts)
AbigailsMummy13 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:28:30

Hi,
On Wednesday myself and my partner went for our 12 week scan. Having had a scan 2 weeks prior and everything being ok, I wasn't particularly worried, we already have one beautiful little girl and everything went smoothly.
We were told straight away that things didn't look as they should by the sonography and then she confirmed that there was no longer a heartbeat and baby had passed away.
I am now waiting to go into hospital tomorrow to have our baby removed.
I'm struggling to come to terms with this as it has taken us a year to get pregnant and I'm so worried it will never happen again for us. We do already have one beautiful daughter so I know we are incredibly lucky. It just hurts so much. I feel like if we could get pregnant quickly then it would take some of the hurt away. Has anyone else been through something like this? How long did it take you to get pregnant again? I'm a worrier anyway and I'm so anxious at the moment!
Thank you
S x

StillMissV Sun 15-Oct-17 09:31:41

I went through this in June/July, it’s awful and I’m so sorry you’ve experienced this. I’m not pregnant yet - it’s taken my body a while to settle back in to a normal cycle as I was still having positive tests at 5 weeks post D&C. I did have a chemical pregnancy last month though.

There’s a board on here, of other ladies TTC after miscarriage and loss. Some really lovely supportive ladies on there xx

AbigailsMummy13 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:44:12

Thank you and I'm so sorry for your loss too. The hospital haven't even told me that I might still have a +ve test after my D&C so I'm glad you've told me.
Good luck trying StillMissV xxx

StillMissV Sun 15-Oct-17 09:49:25

It takes several weeks to get a negative test and you won’t ovulate until all the hormones are out your body. So don’t beat your body up for not cooperating. That was the bit I found hard, waiting for a negative test and also experiencing the symptoms you usually get after pregnancy, my emotions were all over the shop. I have found talking to people about what I’m going through has helped. There’s lots of support groups on Facebook too.xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: