Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MC at 5 weeks

(10 Posts)
DT2016 Mon 09-Oct-17 07:55:01

Hi ladies
I would be 5 weeks today, but had a temp drop this morning so did a test. It was pretty much negative and then I promptly started bleeding. It's not heavy yet.
I'm so sad.
I lost a baby at 11 weeks last September and that got really complicated and I was in and out of hospital for weeks, having 3 surgeries and 6 blood transfusions to save my life.
I can't believe we're being punished like this again.
Anyone who has had a 5 week loss, will it be like a heavy period?
So sorry we're all here flowers

Jen1808 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:03:08

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear of what you are going through. I should have been 6 weeks today but unfortunately have miscarried over the weekend sad I am finding it hard to accept. I have not been in pain and have only experienced bleeding similar to that of a period. I have not blead heavily and it already seems to be slowing down. I am extremely upset like yourself so thought I would join a forum to talk with other women experiencing what I am. Xx

DT2016 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:40:10

Oh @Jen1808 I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this too. It's absolutely heartbreaking and seems so totally unfair.

It is mentally so tough to get through as we all have hopes and dreams for our little ones as soon as we see that positive test.

I hope you are being well looked after. It's good that the physical side of this seems to be settling down for you. I am hoping it will be less traumatic for me this time, being so early. Still breaks my heart though.

I have a Dr's appt this morning but not much they can do.
X

Jen1808 Mon 09-Oct-17 11:03:49

It really is heartbreaking and certainly is mentally harder than physically.

I really hope your experience is less traumatic than last time also, it's hard enough to deal with without being physically put through it.

I am back at the hospital tomorrow for my repeat bloods to check that my hormone levels are reducing.

I will be thinking of you and praying that everything is as straight forward as it can be for you in this upsetting time.
Thank you for your reply, I think it's good for us women to talk and know that we are not alone flowers

SleepFreeZone Mon 09-Oct-17 11:05:35

So sorry DT2016. I have had two 6 week miscarriages (as well as later ones) but the 6 week ones were very much like a heavy period that went on for 2 weeks in my case.

DT2016 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:41:51

Thanks for your reply @SleepFreeZone So sorry to hear you have been through this too, sounds like you've had a really rough time flowers

I hope your appointment at hospital goes ok tomorrow @Jen1808 Praying for some happiness for both of us very soon. Take care of yourself.

Everyone is very supportive on this forum and we are definitely not alone.

I have an early scan booked for this Weds with consultant (due to previous issues). I'm going to have to call them and explain what's happened. I hope the consultant will still see me at some point soon as I'm anxious to make sure what happened before doesn't happen again xx

Gingernut81 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:47:37

I had two miscarriages at about the same point before DD. They were pretty much like a heavy period but I did get some cramping so stayed in bed with a hot water bottle. As pp has said I think it's worse mentally than physically . I took a few days off work for each one, partly because I couldn't face going in and because I didn't feel great flowers

Jen1808 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:56:49

I am also going to take some time off work as I can't face people and know at the moment I am not strong enough to not break down.

For me loosing my symptoms (sore boobs) is proving difficult as I know it's over sad

I hope your consultant does see you soon for your own peace of mind but I'm sure it's nothing that could have been prevented. Our time will come flowers

BRJ78 Tue 10-Oct-17 17:50:14

I'm in the same boat at the moment :-( had a MMC of twins back in March at 13w and last weekend got two much wanted BFP's only to be followed by cramps and bleeding that started yesterday and have worsened (like a very heavy AF) today. I feel so tired and a little lightheaded and nauseous, still like having early pg symptoms which just seems cruel.

I feel so stupid as I got excited even after telling myself I shouldn't. I feel like something has been taken away from me, and at at 39 I also cant help feeling I have no time (I don't have any other children having not met my DH until 3 years go).

Its all just so hard and I'm saddened to read that so many of you have gone through similar. I'm in a really bad place at the moment and its as though everywhere I look people are getting pregnant. Its hard not to run out of hope, I just feel so deflated and sad.

DT2016 Thu 12-Oct-17 07:25:55

Hi @BRJ78

So sorry for your losses. It's absolutely devastating and seems just so unfair when these babies are so very much wanted and loved.

Don't give up hope. Get yourself strong and positive and keep trying. There are so many women in their 40s that go on to have healthy pregnancies.

@Gingernut81 thanks for your reply. So sorry for your losses too ☹️

@Jen1808 how are you doing? I hope your levels are getting back to normal and you are feeling as well as you can be.

I saw consultant yesterday but he didn't scan me as no point. My bleeding seems to have settled now so I'm relieved about that. My bbt has dropped back to normal level so hopefully my cycle will kick back in and we can try again. I'm praying third time lucky. I've just turned 40 so the odds are against us 😞

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now