Talk

Advanced search

I slipped in the bath. Will my baby be okay?

(15 Posts)
FH2018 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:59:35

This is my first ever post and if I'm honest I didn't think it would be about this.

Last night as I was getting in the shower I slipped as I was getting in. Right foot slipped from under me, resulting in me landing on my right hip and head and with my left leg out the bath.

I am so worried that I've hurt or even lost my baby. I'm 7+3. The only pregnancy symptoms I've had was a small amount of stomach cramps a week or so ago and sore breasts which I don't have this morning. Don't know if I'm being paranoid or it's a coincidence or a real problem.

Advice?! Other similar stories?!

BikeRunSki Thu 21-Sep-17 08:01:53

At 7 weeks your baby is tucked deep into the pelvis, I'd have thought it would be fine.

I didn't slip in the bath at 7 weeks, but I did fall over skiing blush. Baby was fine, is 9 now.

MonkeyJumping Thu 21-Sep-17 08:03:42

Baby is still tiny and tucked safely inside your pelvis. Please don't worry.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 21-Sep-17 08:05:33

7 weeks, come on! confusedhmm.

The baby is the size of a blueberries/raspberry etc. You do realise that women all over the world do extreme physical work when pregnant and they are fine.

If this is your level of anxiety at just 7 weeks pregnant you need to talk to your gp or mw.

user1471543312 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:21:07

Hi
I slipped in the shower and fell flat on my bum when I was 16 weeks. I had a slight bit of spotting and phoned the midwife who told me her tale of falling down the stairs at a similar gestation! Both our babies were fine! Mine is now 10 and just as accident prone as me! Hope you can feel less anxious. The anxiety will likely be worse for you than the fall itself so try not to worry. All the very best with your pregnancy x

FH2018 Sat 23-Sep-17 08:41:59

Just thought I'd fill you all in that I went to hospital yesterday and I've had a miscarriage. sad

ricepolo Sat 23-Sep-17 08:44:22

I'm so sorry but the chances are that it was nothing to do with your fall. As others have said the baby was tucked up well inside your pelvis and was tiny. Your slipping is hugely unlikely to have caused any harm. I'm saying this since I don't want you to blame yourself: chances are that this was something entirely out of your control.

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh Sat 23-Sep-17 08:44:39

Sorry to hear that flowers

Don't beat yourself up about the fall, that won't have been the cause. Miscarriage is sadly very common in early pregnancy and the cause is usually unknown.

ricepolo Sat 23-Sep-17 08:44:48

flowers sending these since you must be feeling pretty awful right now

juneybean Sat 23-Sep-17 08:45:51

Sorry to hear that OP.

Rain have a bit of compassion eh?

Lemonicelolly1 Sat 23-Sep-17 08:47:52

Sorry to hear that flowers
As others have said it most likely wasn't because of your fall. My sister fell on the ice at 8 weeks and the doctor said the baby was really well protected at that stage. Try not to beat yourself up flowers

Rheged Sat 23-Sep-17 08:48:13

I'm very sorry that you've had a miscarriage. flowers

But it was really nothing to do with your fall.

pinotgrigio1 Sat 23-Sep-17 08:49:41

I'm so sorry. The chances are that your fall had nothing to do with the miscarriage, it was just sadly not meant to be. I fell down half a flight of stairs, and fell in the shower during one pregnancy (it made me clumsy!). That baby is now 4 years old. I miscarried one baby, but there was no reason - no fall or anything. flowers

user1471543312 Sat 23-Sep-17 10:15:50

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you have lots of support. As everyone above has said loads and loads of people fall and don't lose their babies so I really believe the two things are not connected at all just a really unfortunate coincidence. Take care of yourself. 💐

FH2018 Mon 25-Sep-17 09:25:24

Thank you everyone. I have one very upset but very sensitive and caring partner looking after me. Your words of reassurance about my fall are all very much appreciated. Thank you! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now