Talk

Advanced search

Possible 2nd miscarriage have to wait two weeks!!

(4 Posts)
BEB88 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:03:37

Hi all, I've written on here before about my first mmc in July and now I'm in the middle of miscarriage limbo waiting to see if it's happening again!

I had a mmc in July (I went for my 12 week scan and was told baby stopped growing at around 8weeks). I didn't want to go back on contraception and I think may way of coping was just to focus on ttc. Anyway I didn't get my period after 6weeks so I took a test and turns out im pregnant.

I went for an early scan to see if they could see how far along I was and turns out I'm currently 5weeks, they could see a sac however there's a lot of bleeding around the sac so they've told me to expect to lose this pregnancy too. I have to go back in two weeks for a viability scan to confirm. I've had no bleeding, but then I didn't with the first miscarriage, I just can't believe it might be happening again. The dr said it's nothing to do with getting pregnant so quickly and again it's just bad luck. I really want to hold on to the hope that it might be ok but I know that it probably won't be and I don't want to set myself up for even bigger heartbreak by convincing myself it will be fine. It's so hard to process my emotions and I don't know how I'm suppose to just carry on with "normal" life for the next two weeks with no idea if I'm pregnant or not. Not sure if anyone has any advice on how to survive the next two weeks?? It's so hard not to cling onto the hope, but I don't won't to kid myself 😔😔

DontbouncelikeIdid Wed 20-Sep-17 17:14:14

That is so unfair. I am sorry this is happening to you! I don't think there is an easy way to get through the next two weeks, but they will pass.

SchnitzelVonCrummsTum Wed 20-Sep-17 22:15:05

Hi - I would be tempted to try to get a private scan sooner (e.g. 10 days) to see if a heartbeat can be visualised. If you are 5 weeks exactly now, that would make you 6 and a half weeks at the next scan, and you would expect to see a fetal pole and probable cardiac activity with a trans-vaginal scan. I realise this option isn't for everyone, but waiting is my least favourite part of having a miscarriage (I know that all of it sucks) xx

GinnyBaker Wed 20-Sep-17 22:19:19

Could you possibly ask them to do your bloods to see what your HCG is doing over 48 hours, this might give you an idea sooner of if things are progressing or not?

Agree with Schnitzel that is all shit but waiting is especially shit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: