Talk

Advanced search

Physical symptoms after a miscarriage

(6 Posts)
K0013 Sat 12-Aug-17 10:06:25

Hi ladies, I finally stopped bleeding after a natural miscarriage last Saturday and I've been feeling quite rubbish physically still and wondered if this was the case for anyone else? I suffer from anxiety and can become a bit irrational about health issues worrying about everything. Has anyone had bad headaches after? I've had a headache on and off all week and felt yucky but now it's decided to stick around since yesterday afternoon. I'm not normally prone to headaches and really just want to start feeling a bit more human again 😞

OP’s posts: |
Cocoabean25 Sat 12-Aug-17 20:04:21

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I felt horrendous for about 3 weeks with severe pains in my tummy area and ovaries. The headaches might be because of the worry and upset or because of the change in your hormones. Take paracetamol and hopefully it will ease soon. Definitely think it's a normal reaction though xxx

K0013 Sun 13-Aug-17 00:52:29

Cocoabean thank you for replying. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this too. Hope you are doing ok. I'll keep up with the paracetamol and rest xx

ferntwist Sun 13-Aug-17 22:52:51

Just to say sorry for your loss and well done on coping so far. I've had headaches too - wonder if it could be the stress-related or perhaps linked to iron and vitamins lost during the bleeding. I've been taking multivitamins with iron in case. Hope you're feeling a lot better soon.

K0013 Mon 14-Aug-17 18:11:19

Thank you ferntwist. I am sorry for your loss too. Been better so keeping my fingers crossed. I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and iron so I'm not helping myself! Hope your headaches are getting better xx

ferntwist Mon 14-Aug-17 23:18:08

Thank you and glad you're feeling better. Me too smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in