Talk

Advanced search

How long does bleeding/spotting carry on?

(4 Posts)
AnMum Fri 07-Jul-17 12:02:39

Miscarried nearly 2 weeks ago - baby would have been 8.5 weeks but only discovered at 12 week scan. Miscarried naturally. Lost everything over a period of about 8 hours. Spotting since then - how long could this continue?

RhiBee29 Sat 08-Jul-17 22:33:25

No idea but I'm in the same boat. 2 weeks since mc and still spotting, I was 6wks 5days. Hope you're ok x

CantHelpDancingWithTheDevil Sat 08-Jul-17 22:59:25

I've had numerous miscarriages, and I'm so sorry for your loss

I've bled from two weeks right up to eight; even had follow up scans to ensure my uterus was empty

On a few occasions the doctor had to prescribe Norethisterone

But please make an appointment to get a check up scan if the bleeding is heavy or prolonged

dudemeister76 Sun 09-Jul-17 10:28:33

Hiya, I had a natural miscarriage a week ago today at 11 weeks baby measured 7weeks 5 days. I lost so much on Sunday i didn't think it possible there was more still in there and i bled quite heavily until Friday where, after mowing the lawn and gardening I later had another 'gush' and i think the sac came out. Im still bleeding now but i was told by our hospital to call EPU after two weeks to discuss whether i need another scan to see if its all out then to do a pregnancy test after three weeks. If you haven't already i'd give them a call. I hope your ok though, i know this has been one of the saddest and loneliest things that has ever happened to me. Keep coming on here, its such a good support. Hugs xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now