Talk

Advanced search

Irregular shaped sac at 6 weeks

(4 Posts)
isambardo Thu 29-Jun-17 12:05:59

I need some advice from you all who may have been through this, here goes...

In May had a very early miscarriage, only a few days after a positive test. It was pretty straightforward, like a slightly he a heavy period and had a bfn after. I got pregnant again straight away and should now be 6.5 weeks. Bleeding started again last week so I've just been to the epu and had a scan. Sonographer said she can see the sac but it's an irregular shape, looks empty but at certain angles she thought maybe she could see something. Definitely not 6 weeks along. Bleeding is lighter but ongoing.

The biggest concern seems to be the shape of the sac. Has anyone experienced this? I've googled but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info out there. I'm feeling sorry for myself and assume I will miscarry again but I'd like to know if there is a glimmer of hope.

Alb1 Sat 01-Jul-17 10:15:30

How are you doing OP? My first pregnancy had an irregular shaped sack but ended in miscarriage so I'm afraid I'm not help confused however in my case it was missed miscarriage, the embryo (?) measured 4 weeks, sack was irregular shaped and measured 6 weeks, but I was suppose to be 9 weeks along so it sounds a little different to yours. I also found it so frustrating that I couldn't find anything online thought so I thought I'd just reply to your post anyway. I hope your ok flowers

isambardo Sat 01-Jul-17 20:14:59

Hi Alb, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Still just in limbo here, next scan is Thursday unless I miscarry in the mean time. Bleeding has almost stopped after lasting a week. I will update this thread so it might help someone in the future.

NannyOggsKnickers Sat 01-Jul-17 20:18:33

I've been there too. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this long wait. I found the uncertainty the worst thing. Unfortunately mine was a miscarriage. But this is a small sample size. I'd recommend perhaps stepping away from the Internet for a bit. All you'll get are negative stories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now