Talk

Advanced search

Possible miscarriage after blood loss.

(5 Posts)
user1495729671 Sat 27-May-17 05:34:11

2 weeks ago to the day I woke up covered in blood and spent the next few hours on the toilet passing big clots with painful cramps and lower back ache.

I am working abroad at the moment so I went to a private maternity hospital.
They did an internal scan and internal exam and said cervix was normal and both babies measuring bang on 10 weeks and he couldn't see any problems.

I have been bleeding since but it's brown blood and has clots and stringy bits in it.
I did have implantation bleeding with my first DD and I would say this is about 3x more.

I am also certain I will miscarry, I have bad dreams about it almost every night and often have the feeling that there is 2 dead babies in my tummy.
I have my first midwife appointment in the uk on Friday

Has anyone had similar experience to this?

CocoaLeaves Sat 27-May-17 05:47:34

I am so sorry you are in this situation. Did you see the ultrasound image? I have had three miscarriages and many scans as a result. At ten weeks, you would see the foetus and obviously heart beat would be detected as well.

What you are describing sounds like a miscarriage but that does not tie up with what you were told at the scan.

Good luckflowers

user1495729671 Sat 27-May-17 06:08:58

Yes I saw the scan, baby a looked properly like a baby and baby b was moving around a lot so hard to see.

It was the weirdest thing to be told they still have heartbeats as I had almost made peace that it was over. I was just planning how to tell my other kids with my DH.

CocoaLeaves Sat 27-May-17 06:28:53

Okay, when I had my second miscarriage which was around the same gestation, at the scan, the uterus was empty. Clearly empty. I would also say the bleeding and cramping went on for about three days, before it got to brown stuff. Apologies for the detail. So something has happened, not sure what, but you have seen both babies quite safe. That means they are both likely still quite fine, and hopefully this will remain the case.

I am not sure of the predictive value of dreams, maybe anxiety which your subconscious is processing.

user1495729671 Sat 27-May-17 07:22:20

Ok thank you for the info. I'm not sure what my body is up to then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now