Talk

Advanced search

Three months on and started gushing fresh blood again! Help!

(4 Posts)
JaneEyreFunfair Fri 26-May-17 08:32:59

I had a MMC at 12 weeks three months ago and my period just returned properly, although I have had all kinds of odd spotting since. The period started out heavy and painful, with some large clots, which I was led to expect was normal. It then eased up to a lighter flow of brown blood, but has been carrying on for more than two weeks now. Again, I thought that was within the realms of normal.

Last night I thought it had pretty much stopped, and we BD for the first time since the period started. This morning I had cramps and an upset stomach.

And now I have just had a massive gush of fresh (bright red) blood, so heavy that it flooded the pad, got onto my knickers and splashed onto the toilet seat and floor when I went to the bathroom.

That was about half an hour ago, and it seems to have eased up a bit now, but it's still heavier than it has been. I'm supposed to have left for work already, but I'm worried about bleeding all over the train/office!

Should I be calling 111? Or going to the GP? Or is this normal?

reallyreallyreallytired Fri 26-May-17 13:49:57

I would worry you have some retained products still. You need to see your gp and get scanned. Sorry about your MMC I had one 2 months ago 😟

msfo Fri 26-May-17 17:59:08

Jane, you have some retained tissue. I had similar gushing of blood at 15 weeks and was rushed into A&E. They had to perform a D&C, if not, I could have suffered from a hemorrhage.

I'm so sorry this is happening. sad (^Virtual hug.^)

JaneEyreFunfair Sat 27-May-17 11:55:10

Thanks guys, I went to my GP and have been referred for a scan. It could take a few weeks, though. The bleeding slowed up again after that initial gush, so it doesn't seem to be dangerous at the moment, but I'll go to A&E if it gets bad again.

I've also been given a prescription for Norethisterone, which should apparently stop the bleeding and reset my cycle back to normal. We'd have to stop TTC for three weeks while I take it, though. sad But even if it does that, presumably I could still end up having the D&C after I've been scanned.

I'm so sick and tired of my body doing weird things. I just can't believe how long this whole thing has been going on for, and that it might be another month or more until we can try again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now