Talk

Advanced search

I think I might be having a miscarriage, but not sure. **TMI with pictures, please don't click if you don't want to see it**

(7 Posts)
zerozerooneonezero Fri 12-May-17 11:47:24

PICS IN SECOND POST. You have been warned!

I last had sex around 5 weeks ago at the tail end of my last period (we used a condom).

My period has finally come today. It's one week late, which isn't unusual, but this morning I passed what can only be described as a fleshy sac like lump of about 2.5cm. There was nothing inside it and my bleed isn't any heavier than usual, although is a little more crampy and painful.

Could I have been pregnant and not known? Would a sac have been quite as big as that? I could only have been 5 week at most, so would have to have gotten pregnant straight away.

zerozerooneonezero Fri 12-May-17 11:49:45

Pics.....

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 12-May-17 11:53:34

Looks like a piece of uterine lining.
I miscarried at 6 weeks and looked absolutely nothing at all like that. .

sheeeshh Fri 12-May-17 13:01:04

I was going to say it looks like lining, too. My miscarriage didn't look like that; it was darker. Of course everyone is different though.

sheeeshh Fri 12-May-17 13:02:34

If you are of a strong disposition, google 'uterine cast'. The images are a bit gross but I think it reflects what you've posted above.

PhoenixJasmine Fri 12-May-17 13:11:14

I think it looks more like a uterine or decidual cast, it's not uncommon, especially if you have had hormonal contraception.

zerozerooneonezero Fri 12-May-17 16:23:35

Thank you all so much. You are all right, it looks far more like a cast than a sac.

I did think it looked a bit fleshy for an MC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now