Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(10 Posts)
Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 18:40:04

If it's any help having one miscarriage doesn't make a the chances of another go up. It really is just crappy horrid rotten luck for most women. Of course some women suffer multi miscarriages but most don't.

yellowfrontdoor Fri 12-May-17 18:33:03

Sorry for your loss, Playmate.

I'm 5 weeks post-mc but I had an ERPC.
The doctor who I saw after said that once the bleeding stopped, and if I felt comfortable, it was safe to start trying again straightaway.
We did start again, but we've decided it's too much pressure so we're waiting until after my first AF, when I can start using opks properly again.

Hoping the old 'more fertile after mc' story holds true.

Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 18:23:55

Thanks everyone I just want to get back to normal and try again fingers cross I will have a normal pregnancy.

OP’s posts: |
Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 16:09:14

Sorry that's sounds more gloomily than it is my second pregnancy is a gorgeous little boy cuddled up to me right now!

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 16:06:52

Playmate I wish I could give you an answer. My own experiences are mixed my after first miscarriage I feel pregnant on the 3rd cycle.

After my second I feel pregnant straight away ( no period at all) but it was eptopic. 10 months post eptopic no sign of another pregnancy.

I think many people do fall pregant within 6 months of a loss and really hope this is the case for you xxx

Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 14:45:52

Thanks everyone I stop bleeding for one day and this afternoon I started bleeding again I guess I'm not finish yet but I will wait for my first period before trying again. It take a year to get pregnant will it be the same this time?

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 12:18:58

a negative pregnancy test should tell you when it's all over but as the pp said you are probably best waiting for af.

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 12:18:45

Officially being able to date a pregnancy is the main reason for waiting for a period.

If you don't wish to wait for your period I strongly recommend you wait until you get a negative pregnancy from this pregnancy. Sometimes it can take a while for te hormones to return to normal (others it happens quickly) and not knowing for sure if is a new pregnancy is very stressful.

I'm very sorry for your loss x

GreedyDuck Fri 12-May-17 12:12:31

Personally I waited until after my first period post mc. The only real reason to wait is for dating purposes. I found it reassuring tbh, to know that everything was back to normal before embarking on ttc again. I conceived on my next cycle.

Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 10:55:24

Hi everyone I have just miscarried at 5-6 weeks (it's nearly over thank god). And was told to wait for my first period before trying again but I have another scan in 3 weeks to make sure everything has gone. If I stop bleeding does that mean the miscarriages has gone it's over and do u start trying for another baby or what for my scan?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in