Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(10 Posts)
Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 10:55:24

Hi everyone I have just miscarried at 5-6 weeks (it's nearly over thank god). And was told to wait for my first period before trying again but I have another scan in 3 weeks to make sure everything has gone. If I stop bleeding does that mean the miscarriages has gone it's over and do u start trying for another baby or what for my scan?

GreedyDuck Fri 12-May-17 12:12:31

Personally I waited until after my first period post mc. The only real reason to wait is for dating purposes. I found it reassuring tbh, to know that everything was back to normal before embarking on ttc again. I conceived on my next cycle.

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 12:18:45

Officially being able to date a pregnancy is the main reason for waiting for a period.

If you don't wish to wait for your period I strongly recommend you wait until you get a negative pregnancy from this pregnancy. Sometimes it can take a while for te hormones to return to normal (others it happens quickly) and not knowing for sure if is a new pregnancy is very stressful.

I'm very sorry for your loss x

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 12:18:58

a negative pregnancy test should tell you when it's all over but as the pp said you are probably best waiting for af.

Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 14:45:52

Thanks everyone I stop bleeding for one day and this afternoon I started bleeding again I guess I'm not finish yet but I will wait for my first period before trying again. It take a year to get pregnant will it be the same this time?

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 16:06:52

Playmate I wish I could give you an answer. My own experiences are mixed my after first miscarriage I feel pregnant on the 3rd cycle.

After my second I feel pregnant straight away ( no period at all) but it was eptopic. 10 months post eptopic no sign of another pregnancy.

I think many people do fall pregant within 6 months of a loss and really hope this is the case for you xxx

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 16:09:14

Sorry that's sounds more gloomily than it is my second pregnancy is a gorgeous little boy cuddled up to me right now!

Playmate82 Fri 12-May-17 18:23:55

Thanks everyone I just want to get back to normal and try again fingers cross I will have a normal pregnancy.

yellowfrontdoor Fri 12-May-17 18:33:03

Sorry for your loss, Playmate.

I'm 5 weeks post-mc but I had an ERPC.
The doctor who I saw after said that once the bleeding stopped, and if I felt comfortable, it was safe to start trying again straightaway.
We did start again, but we've decided it's too much pressure so we're waiting until after my first AF, when I can start using opks properly again.

Hoping the old 'more fertile after mc' story holds true.

Soulcakequack Fri 12-May-17 18:40:04

If it's any help having one miscarriage doesn't make a the chances of another go up. It really is just crappy horrid rotten luck for most women. Of course some women suffer multi miscarriages but most don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now