Talk

Advanced search

miscarriage at 5 weeks and 6 days

(3 Posts)
user1492862095 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:15:54

I'm 20 years old and I became pregnant in November it wasn't a planned pregnancy but my partner didn't want to keep the baby, he just wanted me to go to the clinic to get an abortion and it was a stressful time we was arguing and I was crying most days so I just agreed to go to a clinic, they did an ultrasound but then had to do an internal scan as where the pregnancy was small, she could tell there was something wrong so she went and got another nurse and she said this pregnancy would end in a miscarriage, they gave me the option of it happening naturally or I take the tablets but I wanted the tablets so it was over with, its now a few months since this has happened and it upsets me to the point where I am crying i know i haven't come to term with this yet i still have flash backs of the day of when i went to the clinic but i blame myself for the miscarriage because where i was emotionally upset and how my partner didn't want to keep the baby we was arguing has anyone else been through a similar situation to this and how you come to terms with this?

MrsMozart Sat 22-Apr-17 13:19:41

I haven't, but didn't want to read and run.

I'm very sorry you're feeling so bad. May I suggest you ask your GP for some counselling sessions, to help you come to terms with what happened.

Highshelf Sat 22-Apr-17 14:23:40

So sorry for your loss. I haven't been in the exact situation but I had an abortion a few years ago. It was an unplanned pregnancy and , although I regret it now, it was something we felt we had to do at the time.

Fast forward a few years and we are now ready to start a family. I fell pregnant in January but sadly had a MC in February. I have found this extremely hard for 2 reasons. Firstly, I desperately wanted this baby and was looking forward the future and secondly the guilt I had regarding the abortion came back to haunt me and was 10 times harder.

I think you need to remember that what happened with your pregnancy is nothing you do. It was natural. I was told that MC are so common (affecting 1 in 4) and are mostly due to chromosome abnormalities. In other words, the baby would have suffered if it were to survive. The stress you had surrounding ding the aborting would not affect the outcome if you had a healthy pregnancy.

Guilt is a terrible thing. Just take each day at a time. It was out of your control. When the time is right for you, you will go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now