Talk

Advanced search

Mmc - anyone getting all the pregnancy symptoms ?

(21 Posts)
Stuckinstressville Tue 18-Apr-17 22:45:24

I am waiting for natural management of my mmc number 3. Only wow- nausea , round ligament pain, boobs, dry skin, acne.

Another scan privately tomrrrow to confirm but been waiting 4 weeks so far and should be 9 weeks.

Anyone else sad yet furious at the lies the body throws up ? I had 3 scans so far to confirm that there is no hope but the symptoms give me such false hope.

Scan tomorrow Is private as gyny i saw today is worried I have a failed uterine but active ectopic as doesn't Trust the ' ancient 'scanning equipment the nhs has to pick up the ectopic given my blood results.

harrietm87 Wed 19-Apr-17 07:49:03

Hi stuck I'm in the same position- having private scan today to confirm mmc (my nhs one is next week but I just couldn't bear to wait two whole weeks after the first showed "uncertain viability"). Anyway, my understanding is that continuing to have symptoms is normal as your body hasn't realised the pregnancy has failed (hence mmc). Before the placenta takes over at 10 weeks it's supported by hormones anyway so can carry on feeling everything at least til then and beyond.

Can I ask why you've gone for natural management? This is my third mc but first mmc. I was thinking of asking for erpc just to get it over with - have you ever had that?

DancingUnicorn Wed 19-Apr-17 08:13:33

So sorry you are both going through this, it really sucks. I found out about my mmc at my 12 week scan. Had no indication that anything was wrong. Still throwing up, dizzy, exhausted etc. I think it's normal. I didn't know anything was wrong; it must be so awful still having the symptoms whilst knowing.

Harriet I went for surgical management. It was definitely the right decision for me, I just couldn't bear the idea of having to wait any longer. Such a personal choice though.

Hope your scans today go ok. 💐

harrietm87 Wed 19-Apr-17 08:39:41

Thanks dancing - I've been reading what feels like every post on the mc board over the last few days and recognise your name. Sorry you've had to go through this too and hope you're doing better.

Almost certain I'll go for the erpc as want to move on as soon as I can.

PossibiliTea Wed 19-Apr-17 08:45:40

Oh it's so horrible I'm so sorry you are going through this. It does feeel cruel that your body is still telling you you are pregnant, especially as it's a MMC so no signs that anything could be wrong. I went through exactly the same thing 4 weeks ago. The sad furious feeling is normal (I hope) I just think it doesn't make sense how our bodies can do this!

I had an MVA I couldn't have waited I don't think my body wanted to let go. My hcg levels are still high too sad

Take care of yourself and hope things get better soon x

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 09:47:46

Harriet I had a mmc before xmas and had erpc - it was a relief. The issue is that was only 4
Months ago so I was advised as this was early at 6-7 weeks and so small to wait.

Also - agreed protocol is to see the embryo
Itself fail to grow or decrease over 2 week period and scan showed
1) nothing
2) little sac in uterus 8 days later
3) bigger yet empty sac 10
Days later.
But it is not growing enough or right for dates so we know the hopelessness of it. They will not operate until certain and I supported this hence waiting. But if this eve they confirm independently that It has failed I would
Like the erpc. I need to move on- my ds1 needs me happy and focussed.

harrietm87 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:00:03

Oh stuck that's so horrible for you.

I've been there with 2mcs in a row and had so much hope for this one.
I had a "reassurance" scan last week when I was sure I was over 7 weeks but it showed a 5-6 week pregnancy - gestational sac and yolk sac and no embryo. They told me to wait 2 weeks in case dates are wrong but I know they aren't and I can't bear being in limbo for another week so have booked private scan today. Guessing after a week if all was well I would definitely see progress by now. Flitting between feeling hopeful and feeling desperate.

Hope our scans today give us the answers we need.

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 10:06:01

Hand holding.

Been off work thanks to a wonderful gp who could see I was near collapse initially as was third mc since august. Work are aware and wonderful.

harrietm87 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:32:11

stuck that's so great you have a sympathetic GP. Mine is terrible. I'm moving house soon and can't wait to get a new one.

I'm in work this morning. Scan is in my lunch break and I'll have to come back in the afternoon. With both my natural mcs the bleeding started while I was at work and I wasn't able to take any time off. It was so miserable. Another reason why I want erpc as at least I'll definitely get some time to recover at home.

DancingUnicorn Wed 19-Apr-17 13:09:32

Thinking of you this lunchtime Harriet. I'm so sorry work haven't been understanding and you are having to go through this on your lunch break. Do they know what's happening, or are you keeping it private? I think it made a huge difference to my recovery knowing that work were understanding.

harrietm87 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:47:26

dancing I haven't told them. I'm a lawyer in the city and cannot display signs of weakness! Also my career would probably suffer if they knew I was ttc.

Scan was still officially inconclusive but I know it's bad news. The gestational sac had grown but the yolk sac had disappeared. As the gestational sac is still under 20mm (it's 15mm) they couldn't diagnose it conclusively but there's just no way it can be viable now. Next scan is Monday. I just want this over with.

stuck how did it go?

DancingUnicorn Wed 19-Apr-17 17:04:58

Urgh. Harriet I really feel for you. I work in a corporate environment, but thankfully for an amazing firm. They knew I was pregnant and know now I'm ttc. I am scared of the impact. But I couldn't have coped without them knowing.

I'm so sorry you don't have your answer yet. So much waiting for you. You are in my thoughts.

Stuck I hope you get your answers tonight.

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 18:48:28

Waiting for a scan now!

Am also a city worker- but my
Manager is understanding and I felt it was ok to be open- mainly as I am the only who does my job so I had to give an idea and I have no cover.

Inconclusive sucks! So sorry flowers

Misssmoo Wed 19-Apr-17 19:13:01

Good luck stress..my jobs the same and they were brilliant when I had time off xx

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 19:54:08

9+6 and def failed so erpc booked for Friday as doesn't look like it will sort itself out anytime soon.

It is like keeping being repeatedly kicked in the tummy with the bad news.

And I drove into someone on the way to hospital. Damaged their door. Fml.

Misssmoo Wed 19-Apr-17 19:59:05

So sorry to hear that sending hugs xxx

KoolKoala07 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:26:16

I found out yesterday that I've experienced a mmc. My pregnancy symptoms disappeared a few weeks ago, but I started bleeding a week ago which didn't leave me much hope for my 12 week scan yesterday. I'm booked to have the medical management over Saturday and Monday. The gestational sac is the correct size for how pregnant I thought I was (12+4). I hope it's successful as I don't like having a growing tummy with no baby and one of the reasons I didn't want to go down the natural route. I just want this over. It's a horrible thing to experience isn't it sad

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 20:26:20

Crashed into by mistake - totally my fault.

Stuckinstressville Wed 19-Apr-17 20:28:28

Kool** am so sorry for your loss- it hurts so much I do understand . Cruel
Mother Nature!

Bdunta123 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:14:04

Any help/advice on this would be great. What do you think of the dates? If the pregnancy test was taking day of fertilisation then technically that was 7 weeks ago yesterday and scan said 6w6d so could be viable! But surely so unlikely as doesn't scan include +2w where nothing actually happens? So does this mean that the fetal pole was conceived 4w6d ago? Because if that's the case then it can't be as symptoms started before and pregnancy test two weeks before that. Also the ovulation sticks if they said peak then surely that means that's when it happen?! I've had only healthy symptoms of pregnancy, no bleeding, discharge or stomach/back pain.

So confused. Don't want to be hopeful but just want to fucking know, you know? I want someone to tell me that it's pretty impossible based on those dates etc so I can prepare myself mentally for what's coming. So scared that this might happen at home, that is my worst nightmare. 😭

Bdunta123 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:29:17

Sorry not all message pasted, fully story here:
Hi everyone,

Reading these posts have been so helpful this last 24hours to know I am not alone and to gain information. I don't know whether I've had a missed miscarriage or whether my dates are wrong. I'm waiting for a scan and it's killing me going over dates etc. Not sure if I'm in a predicament or just wishful thinking - perhaps you could pass your thoughts and give me the reality check I need to prepare to grieve.

Had coil removed in Jan for Hubby and Into start ttc. Waited for a period which happened on 12th feb (but short only 1.5 days and very light) haven't had period for 8 years due to marina coil. Started charting bmt and doing clearblue home ovulation tests on 20th after period. I got a high on 23rd and then peak on 25th Feb. We had sex about three times that week roughly, on day of peak and two after.

I had a night out on the 10 March and felt so guilty about drinking. Next day on 11th a march, I was at about 26 days of cycle (not knowing when to expect missed period as didn't have a proper cycle yet) so did a pregnancy test. It was positive. I was so shocked as it must have happened first time. I did hundreds of tests - all positive. Didn't have symptoms so must have detected it really early on in pregnancy. basal temp also still stayed high.

Pregnancy symptoms started around 20th March with exhaustion and around 28th March was pinching feelings in stomach and massive sore boobs.

By my records I'm 11 weeks today based on first day of last period. My proper scan isn't for another two weeks, and my booking appointment 10 days. I've been massively bloated and look about 5 months pregnant after lunch at work and people have been talking about it. So I booked a private scan to confirm everything was ok so I could at least tell a few people at work and feel ok about telling them.

Then my world fell apart and it wasn't the loveliest experience I was hoping, I spent £90 to cry all day! Ha! They found a sac containing a very small yolk sac and fetal pole measuring it at 6w6d. But like I said based on period it should have been 10w6d. She said that it had either stopped growing or my dates are wrong.

With it being a bank holiday I couldn't wait to call on Tues so went to urgent car and asked if there was anyway to speed up process of referral to early pregnancy unit. They were amazing. A Gyno came down and explained that i will need a scan to see if the baby has grown and explained options and procedures if it hasn't etc. That someone will call me Tues/weds for an appointment but won't be for at least a week as they need time to see a change if there is one. She asked me briefly about dates - but at the time I was adamant my dates were right. My hormones are going mental. I still have all the pregnancy symptoms, especially sore boobs, which is massively messing with my head.

So now for the waiting game. Which is the reason I got the scan in the first place because I was fed up waiting! Sods law.

Any help/advice on this would be great. What do you think of the dates? If the pregnancy test was taking day of fertilisation then technically that was 7 weeks ago yesterday and scan said 6w6d so could be viable! But surely so unlikely as doesn't scan include +2w where nothing actually happens? So does this mean that the fetal pole was conceived 4w6d ago? Because if that's the case then it can't be as symptoms started before and pregnancy test two weeks before that. Also the ovulation sticks if they said peak then surely that means that's when it happen?! I've had only healthy symptoms of pregnancy, no bleeding, discharge or stomach/back pain.

So confused. Don't want to be hopeful but just want to fucking know, you know? I want someone to tell me that it's pretty impossible based on those dates etc so I can prepare myself mentally for what's coming. So scared that this might happen at home, that is my worst nightmare. 😭

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now