Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP period (??) after miscarriage - clots

(4 Posts)
orange1231 Sat 15-Apr-17 14:59:40

I wrote a post previously on this but feel like I might of went into too much detail and people may of been bored and not wanted to read so I decided I'd make a shorter one and hopefully get some more answers

basically I miscarried on march 17th at 5 weeks, 3 days after this I had a scan to confirm I had miscarried, however it was "incomplete" meaning the sack had gone but I was told there would be more bleeding and passing clots. the bleeding carried on for a week but I didn't see any noticeable clots and then it stopped. 2 weeks later I had an appointment where they took a test that said negative (im not 100% on this, as I took one the same day that said positive) so they gave me the all clear and didnt do any scans and told me everything was okay. 2 days ago (27 days after the start of my miscarriage and 20 days since the end of it) i started bleeding with some heavy cramps which I thought was a period but im unsure. I made a doctors appointment where he asked me if I had any clots and I said no because at this point I didn't so he came to the conclusion it was a period. Now for the past 2 days I have had some large clots every time I go to the toilet which Id say were worse than the miscarriage. Not sure what I should do as I've already been to the doctors but it's got worse since? ANY advice would be helpful smile

jimijack Sat 15-Apr-17 15:06:37

Do you feel unwell?
Is there a bad smell or discharge?
Do you have a temperature?
Do you have pain?
Is there heavy bleeding as well as clots?

orange1231 Sat 15-Apr-17 15:21:10

I don't feel unwell, no bad smell or discharge, no temperature. I had some pain yesterday and the day before, like bad cramping which I took pain killers for, but not today. The bleeding isn't necessarily heavy, however when I go to the toilet, that is when it's at its worst, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence as I haven't really been out much since it started, but heavy bleeding and clots seem to come out when I go to the toilet. Other than that the bleeding isn't too bad

jimijack Sat 15-Apr-17 15:25:25

That sounds encouraging.
Do you have a walk in centre or urgent care centre near you?
I would recommend getting checked out today. Just to be reassured that this is nothing untoward.
All the best xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now