Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after mc

(18 Posts)
emvy Sat 15-Apr-17 11:10:24

I had surgery for a mmc on the 7th march. I think I had my first period on the 6th April and that lasted 5 days. I am aware that I'm only 5 days post period but I'm under the impression I could be ovulating - I have ewcm, slight cramps on one side, I feel sick, dizzy and exhausted. Not dissimilar to how I actually felt in the early pregnancy days. I was just wondering, is this a thing? Can you get nausea, dizziness etc during ovulation? My cycles have always been irregular but this isn't anything I remember experiencing pre pregnancy. Did any of you find that your cycles began with being quite short? Basically, please give me your experiences! I'm keen to begin to understand my cycle again and this makes no sense to me. Thanks smile

Smurf123 Mon 17-Apr-17 10:23:48

Hi Emvy hope your doing alright. I can't really say much for sure but didn't want to read and run. I know we had erpc around same time. My period first period stated on the 2nd/3rd April and lasted apps 5 days. I use an app called clue to track and from it it said my fertility window was from April 10th - 15th. But that's with me feeling it my cycle is about 26 days. After my first miscarriage my cycles seemed to change from between 28 and 30 days to around 25/26. I'm not sure If that's a real change or whether maybe it was always a bit irregular and I just was terrible at keeping track of it.
I'm keen to follow your thread though because I have also had some things similar to how I felt in early pregnancy in the last few days and I know it couldn't really be that.. I think that maybe because I want it to happen in just over thinking every little thing..
:-)

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 10:53:17

Thanks for your response Smurf. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with an odd cycle post mc, however, it was just as odd before! (And I obviously don't want you to have an odd cycle really, it's just nice to know you're not alone!) I think I'm stressing because I didn't track my cycle before I got pregnant and typically the month I decided to start tracking I didn't get a period and then the following month I got pregnant! So I have no idea what was happening before and no idea what's happening now and like you say, I'm desperate to get pregnant again so just want to know what's going on! It's a minefield isn't it!

Smurf123 Mon 17-Apr-17 11:27:24

It really is. I think it's really difficult to be post mc because I know for me all I want is to be pregnant again and then a big part of me is terrified about if I'm pregnant what if it goes wrong again and my head is telling me the more you worry about the this the less likely it is to happen. It really is crazy! But i do agree it is nice to hear that your not the only one and that some things post mC are "normal" so to say...

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 13:11:29

I feel exactly the same smurf. I crave some kind of control over the situation, of which of course we can have none!

Luluringo Mon 17-Apr-17 18:04:45

I had my MVA at a similar time too (7th March) and my AF arrived on 7th April. It lasted 5 days and was just like a normal period with an extra day of spotting near the end. I'm also tracking g my ovulation with clue. I have a 28 day cycle and based on that I am entering my fertile window as of today. I have bought an ovulation kit also to track my fertility alongside this. I started tracking that today and so far there is no surge. If the tracker is correct this should come on Friday. Once I can match the ovulation kit to the tracker I will just use the tracker as it's free! I think it's right though as I'm starting to see some CM (tmi!).

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 20:06:48

Luluringo how funny, our dates are almost identical bar my possible AF beginning one day before you! It sounds like maybe that was AF then and I could be heading into my fertile window as cm and cramping suggests. I hope so! Thanks so much for you response it's made me feel so much better smile

Luluringo Mon 17-Apr-17 21:11:16

It's very strange indeed although sounds like our bodies are behaving themselves and working as they should, which is a relief. Will be good to keep an eye on this thread to see how everything is going. I feel pretty much back to normal physically and am slowly getting back to my normal self emotionally too.

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 21:29:06

Yes I hope so! And yes I'm the same - physically feeling back to my normal self with lots more energy and motivation. Emotionally things are certainly easier and I find myself able to accept that I'm no longer pregnant. It's still so painful though and still on my mind almost all of the time. It's tiring and it makes me question when it will get easier. But I forget that it already is. One step, one day at a time and all that.

Luluringo Mon 17-Apr-17 22:07:09

I do think it will ever fully go away and I too have good and bad days. My main worry is future pregnancies. I'm terrified that the same will happen again but I'm not going to give up!

emvy Tue 18-Apr-17 08:42:50

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm desperate to be pregnant again and all I can do is focus on that. I'm trying not to think about anything after that - having another loss or an actual baby.

Luluringo Thu 20-Apr-17 08:59:50

So just a little update...the OPK detected my surge this morning which means it is in line with the app (day 14). Hope everyone's bodies are also behaving!

emvy Thu 20-Apr-17 09:42:26

Yay! Well done to your body for behaving itself, ha. I'm still getting very very mild cramps but my cm has all but dried up so I'm either post ovulation or it didn't actually happen the other day. Who knows! I guess the arrival of AF at whichever point will be the decider. I don't track using opk's or anything. Will you've ttc this month luluringo?

emvy Thu 20-Apr-17 09:42:32

*you be

harrietm87 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:35:06

Really sorry to hijack this thread but I've been searching for info about mva and just saw you'd had one luluringo - how was it? I found out yesterday I've had my 3rd mc, but first mmc (other two were natural and spontaneous) and thinking about how best to manage it. MVA appeals as seems like it will be quick.

Re ovulation after mc, I had one in Feb and I ovulated 3.5 weeks after day 1 of bleeding, which was about 5 days later than if it had been a normal period. I was using opks and conceived straight away. Sadly that's the one I've now also miscarried, but I've been assured it's nothing to do with proximity to last mc. As it's my 3rd I mostly likely have an underlying problem.

Best of luck to everyone trying again.

Luluringo Thu 20-Apr-17 11:25:53

EMVY it sounds like that was you ovulating. I don't normally use opks but I did this time for the first time ever just to make sure I understood my cycle. I only came off the pill in January and feel pregnant straight away so not really sure about how regular I am. The clue app is spot on though so I'll be using this from now on. I'll definitely be ttc over the next 3 days. Fingers crossed for a sticky one this time!

HARRIET I had an MVA about 6 weeks ago now. It was my first MC. I was told I could let it pass naturally, have an EPRC, take a pill or have an MVA. I was advised of the MVA as there was no GA involved and so less of a risk. I was also told that I could get MVA done later that day as no waiting list for theatre.

The procedure wasn't bad at all. It took about 10 mins and the nurses kept me occupied throughout (while a student doctor sat and took notes! blush ). For about 2 mins it was extremely painful, when doctor entered the womb, however this pain didn't last long and that was it over. I had a sharp crampy pain in lower abdomin for about 10 mins later and then that was it. I took no pain killers. I had to 'insert' antibiotic and numbing meds 2 hours before procedure

It's not going to be pleasant whatever way you look at it, however I would recommend the MVA as it's quick and you have no groggy feeling afterwards as you would from GA. Best of luck to you. flowers

emvy Thu 20-Apr-17 11:31:49

Hi harriet, I'm so sorry you're going through this again. I really hope that the rmc get you all the tests you need asap in order for you get some answers.

Although I didn't have an mva, I did have surgery under general and it was very quick. I didn't want to be aware of what was going on and the risks under general seemed so minimal, which is why I went for it. I had very little pain or bleeding afterwards, just clots and spotting for about 2 and a half weeks. I hope your procedure is as best it can be.

Thank you for your response re. Ovulation. I wish you the best for the future x

emvy Thu 20-Apr-17 11:34:58

I hope it was ovulation luluringo and I hope we've managed to catch it. Best of luck as you enter your fertile week x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now