Talk

Advanced search

Leaving the house after miscarriage?

(6 Posts)
Lalalax3 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:52:15

Just out of interest how long did everyone take to start leaving the house again after their miscarriage? I had medical management on Monday, passed the sac on Wednesday and left the house for about 45 mins today with husband to take DS to the park. It's just round the corner from my house and just sat on a bench and watched.

I'm a bit too nervous to venture further ATM, is this normal? Just wish it was all over really.

Cocoabean25 Fri 14-Apr-17 20:14:36

Definitely normal. You are still grieving and you didn't go through the miscarriage very long ago at all. Take things step by step and only do what you feel able. Is your husband being supportive? Sending you big hugs xx

DancingUnicorn Fri 14-Apr-17 22:45:56

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I went back to work a couple of days after my surgical management. It was definitely too soon. 4 days after I was running a bit late and dashed a quick 10 minute walk. I ached for days. I realised I needed to be kinder to myself while I'm recovering. Do what you feel able to and would like to.

I think this soon, every feeling is normal.

💐

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 14-Apr-17 22:48:54

I mc on a Thurs and went away for the week end on the Fri. Wedding anniversary and all booked. . Took it easy and enjoyed the time with just dh away from day to day bedlam tbh. . Enjoyed the champagne (missed the sex blush) but had time to grieve in private together. Def recommend it. Sorry for your loss flowers

NotNowNow Sat 15-Apr-17 01:18:51

I went out the next day but I didn't feel great to be honest. confused I think I should have stayed home. I went back to work the following week but didn't race around as much as usual. I was about 11 weeks when I miscarried but I had been anticipating it for a while as I had a lots of cramps and bleeding. I was disappointed rather than grieving IYSWIM (I fully understand that for some other people it is a bereavement)
I was glad to go back to work as soon as possible especially as my work colleagues were so nice to me. I felt fine physically.

Lalalax3 Sat 15-Apr-17 09:05:36

I was 11 weeks too. I don't feel bereaved, just a bit empty TBH. I want it to be over and every time I wipe and see blood I know it isn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now