Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have PND after a miscarriage long whingeing

(3 Posts)
yumchoc Tue 11-Apr-17 21:46:34

I have a beautiful DD 8 months and Wasn't at all depressed after emergency C-section difficult pregnancy hyper premis 8 months 3.7 stone loss despite having weight again nutritional supplements 4 times daily gestational diabetes and small distress baby 0.4th percentile
With reflux feeding every hour for2 wks and she didn't sleep for more than a hour at a time until she was 4 months and feeding 2 hourly until 6 months my second pregnancy wasn't planned and I got around the negatives my husband made redundant 2 under2
felt scary and the hyper premises back full force but I felt lucky and in love it took 9 years for us to conceive our DD so we still felt blessed then my sickness went away I talked to my DH mum midwife who all reassured me every pregnancy is different I miscarried at 6 weeks and my emotions are everywhere it's almost four weeks since we lost our baby and I just don't feel myself I am really busy and I don't have time to myself except before going to sleep I cry I feel like I have to put on a front all the time Have gained weight stating my way through sadness ( in honesty I don't think my DH is grieving) he is under a lot of stress pressure exams interview and he wanted to be physical and I don't want too at the moment I said I had a miscarriage almost 4wks ago and he said I forgot this just broke my heart a little bit more and I keep think about DD scan at 6wks heart beating on the screen and how I don't have anything of the baby I lost

Cocoabean25 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:35:07

So sorry to hear what you're going through and how DH is being. Men really are from mars - I don't understand men or how their minds work. I'm not sure whether it's PND or grief. I too cried before I fell asleep for about 6 weeks solid and now still cry sometimes in bed (3 months on). It's horrible having to put on a front but I do find it helps to get through things then when you're feeling a bit stronger you can face your grief more. I also did not reach the 3 month point so didn't have a scan picture and hated not having anything to remember my baby by. I decided to buy a bracelet from pandora and got 3 charms (an angel, pink heart and heart with the birthstone of the baby's due date) which I wear everyday. There was also a toy cuddly mouse I was going to get if everything was ok at the 3 month scan but decided to get it anyway and I keep that on my bed and cuddle it when I'm upset. Big hugs to you xxx

Gingerbreadmam Tue 11-Apr-17 22:38:37

im so sorry for your loss yum.

i am 4 weeks on from a second trimester loss and struggling too. i doubt it is pnd but definitely grief. it takes time. things will get better tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now