Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding / Miscarriage experience?

(16 Posts)
NovemberBaby2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:00:56

I hope you don't mind me asking but anyone with any experience of miscarrying did you have any bright red bleeding to start? Not loads more like heavy spotting? This is what I have had over two days last week. They sent for me for a scan i was over 6 weeks and they couldn't see the heartbeat but a sac and measured 6mm. Told me to come back in two weeks and it could go either way as it could be just the size. They finished telling me bleeding is a bad sign though and to prepare myself. I'm so confused. If i do miscarry will i know at this early stage? will the bleeding be different than what I had? Or has anyone had the bright red bleeding but it's turned out ok? Two weeks seems ages to go. Hope you don't mind me asking I just want to hear other people's stories. Just don;t know what signs to look out for. 1st time pregnant. Thanks

Misssmoo Tue 11-Apr-17 19:31:30

Hi I really hope it's not for you but mine was red bleeding on wiping that didn't really get heavier then a period..in was scanned the following day and told my baby had died at 8 weeks I was 12+2 when I found out so waiting another week and the bleeding stopped and started and was quite light u ended up going in for a d and c...bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. This next 2 weeks will feel like a lifetime for u sending hugs xxx

NovemberBaby2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:07:41

@Misssmoo I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for replying just want people to be honest with me. 3 days into the 2 week wait. Just feel like I'm waiting for something to happen. No bleeding since. Did you have any other symptoms? Xx

Misssmoo Tue 11-Apr-17 20:11:07

It's horrendous I really feel for you. ..I felt a bit like I had a cold and had cystitis and diorrhoea the day before and the bleeding was there then gone on and off in kep waiting for it to get heavier but it didn't ..I also had mild cramp for weeks but didn't think anything of it to be honest ..I also had my booking appt with the midwife at 10 weeks and told her my sickness had stopped and my coffee aversions had gone but my boobs were still sore so she thought nothing of it.looking back I knew something wasn't quite right but didn't want to believe it..I have my fingers crossed for you xx

emvy Tue 11-Apr-17 21:09:59

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I experienced something very similar and unfortunately it wasn't good news, although that doesn't mean that yours won't be - so many people's do turn out ok.

I had light pink spotting at 6 1/2 weeks. Scanned, found out it was twins, no heartbeats, was told the same as you. No more spotting or anything while waiting for my next scan. Still felt very pregnant with all the symptoms and nothing concerning. 10 days later I returned and they confirmed that there had been no change since the last scan and I could either wait for the mc to happen naturally (which could take up to another 6 weeks), or opt for intervention, which is what I did.

I really hope you have a more positive outcome. Fx for you. Keep busy over the next week or so, distraction will help keep you sane. Best of luck.

NovemberBaby2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:33:05

@Misssmoo @emvy thanks for taking the time to talk to me. Had more spotting on wipe tonight. The day before the bleeding last week I had awful pain was doubled over but it passed. I don't have any symptoms really just very tired but the stress could explain that. Have a mild period pain this evening. I don't think it's good. Just feel in limbo just want to know either way so can move on. I'm the same as you emvy editing for it to get heavier but it's not. Want something to happen to give me clarity. Sorry for you loses. Did you try again? Have you feel now? Thanks for being honest as awful as it is it's nice to talk to someone who understands. We not told anyone and my husband great but they not the ones with the physical side. X

Misssmoo Tue 11-Apr-17 21:47:08

Can they not scan within a week to check for your own sanity....I only had my d and c n last week so haven't tried again yet but I think I will even though I'll be terrified. .I'm lucky enough to have to beautiful kids already ..OH wants to try as soon as poss I'm a but scared to tell the truth. I had bleeding woth my 2nd child so it dies probe not all bleeding means miscarriage but it's awful the not knowing I only had a day of that and was a mess crying etx so really hope u can sort something before two weeks xxx

Misssmoo Tue 11-Apr-17 21:47:56

Sorry does probe not dies probe this spell check xx

emvy Tue 11-Apr-17 21:54:19

We are currently in the process of trying again. I'm only 6 weeks post surgery so it's early days. It's still incredibly raw and painful but it becomes less all-encompassing. I tried to not let myself get too hopeful during the wait between scans but also not give up hope entirely. We also didn't tell anyone until after we knew for sure so I understand how lonely it feels. Like I said before, keeping busy is key. Do whatever you feel like doing, whenever you feel like doing it. Keep us posted x

NovemberBaby2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:08:38

Sorry they have both been so recent and still raw. It will make next time even more worrying for you both. Unfortunately it's such a common thing isn't it and happens to lots of women who go on to have babies fine. Pregnancy is such a battle of emotions isn't it. Totally took my body for granted before. They just said Booked me back for two weeks time. No other option given so just excepted it. Im not normally a cryer but had a total crying fit. It just took over. So glad it's not just me. I hope it all works out for you both this next time. Xx

Misssmoo Wed 12-Apr-17 07:20:39

You to..hope all okay ..it's a bit crap waoting but can't really do anything else to be honest time will tell us what I kept telling myself. Yeah trying again seems frightening instead of exciting but like you said it's so common it's just awful x

emvy Wed 12-Apr-17 08:00:56

Unfortunately it is common. In the wait between scans however, I found that telling myself it was more statistically likely I would have a successful pregnancy than an unsuccessful one helped me to stop obsessing a bit. And reminding myself there was nothing I could either way but keep busy and hope time moved fast. Which it didn't, it was the longest 10 days of my life. But there were little thoughts I clung on to, I hope they help you too.

Trying again is scary and I will most certainly be a nervous wreak if (when?) I fall again. It will never go away. However, pregnancy was scary enough the first time around without a mc under my belt so I guess it's just par for the course.

All the best x

PossibiliTea Fri 14-Apr-17 08:35:08

So sorry to hear you are going through this flowers I had MMC so different experience, just keep your hopes up and look after yourself x

MissBel12 Fri 14-Apr-17 22:05:48

So sorry to hear you're going through this. Maybe it will be ok, but I don't want to give you false hope as I just don't know. For me it was bleeding like period bleeding, very bad cramps and worse than period pain, but it was all over within 3 days. Also when they did the scan they couldn't see any sac, so they knew i was already in the process of losing it. So sorry you have to wait 2 weeks, it must feel like the longest wait ever xx

NovemberBaby2017 Sat 22-Apr-17 21:12:06

Thanks for all you support last week. Been back for scan and it's not good news. Got to go back Monday for them to remove. Thanks again your support did help me while waiting. Lots of love to you all

PossibiliTea Sun 23-Apr-17 15:27:47

So sorry November, hope Monday goes as well as it can for you and make sure you take care of yourself. Its awful that so many people have to go through this flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now