Talk

Advanced search

Clots after ERPC

(6 Posts)
Orifu Sun 09-Apr-17 15:38:05

Help/advice please! Had an ERPC 4 days ago after MMC- bleeding very light initially but last two days has become much heavier- quite red. Today I've been cramping and bleeding and passed two really big clots. About 4cn across I reckon- is this normal? I'm panicking a bit and it's bringing home the emotion of it all. I don't know who to ask as to whether it's normal or should I be calling doctor?

SummerRayne17 Sun 09-Apr-17 15:43:16

Hi OP, the same thing happened to me and i ended up having to have the ERPC repeated! Please give the hospital a call and get checked out. They took me straight in for another scan. Good luck x

fuzzywuzzy Sun 09-Apr-17 15:46:09

I had this with an SMM last year & needed a repeat SMM.
Definitely call your EPAU they did another scan and discovered I had retained product and immediately arranged an SMM. I refused to medical management as the whole point of going for the surgical route was so I could put it behind me.

If you're in pain you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen. But definitely call the EPAU or your gp.

conkerchops Sun 09-Apr-17 15:51:17

I have just had the same thing - pain and bleeding 5 days after ercp - went to out of hours gp as had high temp too - they started me
On iv antibiotics and sent me
Via ambulance into hospital where scan showed retained product and had to have Erpc repeated - definitely get it checked out.

DT2016 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:35:59

^ what these ladies said, call epu and get checked. Hope you're on road to recovery soon.

Orifu Sun 09-Apr-17 21:40:44

Thanks- called 111 and got sent to out of hours and had an examination and some more clots manually removed- they've booked me in for a scan tomorrow. Thank you so much all for the advice- really glad I phoned and went in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now