Talk

Advanced search

Going out after miscarriage

(12 Posts)
Misssmoo Sun 09-Apr-17 09:47:01

So I had a mmc and ended up having a d and c last week..I went out last night and just didn't enjoy it had a couple of drinks and cane home at 9....I feel so sad I just want my baby back....everywhere I look people are having their baby's or finding out team blue or pink when will I stop feeling like this xxx

Cocoabean25 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:30:18

I'm not sure you ever stop being sad, I think you just learn to live with it. I'm not 3 months on from my miscarriage and still feel sad and think about my baby all day. You also didn't have D&C very long ago. The only thing that helps is time but I think there will always be a bit of sadness. Give yourself the time you need to grieve and only do what you feel able. For me, just getting through work each day is enough at the moment. Big hugs xx

MollyHuaCha Sun 09-Apr-17 10:33:36

Wise words from Cocoabean.

For you > flowers

Misssmoo Sun 09-Apr-17 10:56:51

Thanks very wise words..I hate that so many people go through this its just shit...I'm back at work tomorrow aftwr being off so hopefully that'll keep me busy xx

Misssmoo Sun 09-Apr-17 10:57:42

Thanks for my flowers molly smile xx

Cocoabean25 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:37:38

How did it go when you went back to work? xxx

Misssmoo Wed 12-Apr-17 07:18:32

It's not to bad the lady I share my office with is due to go on maternity leave next week'...I was dreading going back bacaise ofnthis but it's not her fault so feel happy for her ..how are u xxx

Macauley Wed 12-Apr-17 07:44:03

Honestly it does take time. I hated going out at the start everywhere I went there were pregnant women and babies which upset me. I booked a lot of holidays I think to give me something to look forward to especially when my baby was due to be born. I also began ttc again about a month later which gave me some hope to focus on but only consider doing that when you are feeling a bit stronger and ready.
How you feel now does dull down. You are grieving just give yourself time to grieve and process your loss. Be kind to yourself and do things when you are up to it not because you feel you have to flowers

Misssmoo Wed 12-Apr-17 15:44:14

You know what that makes sense do it when I want to not when I feel I have to..my DH works away and he's home next week so hopefully donsomething then..and kids are off school and I'm off next week's so I'll plan stuff with them to keep busy ..feel alot more positive today then I have done xx

MulderitsmeX Wed 12-Apr-17 19:48:57

I think after the initial shock subsides you feel it more, holidays are much recommended as is staying in and doing nothing if you want x

Misssmoo Wed 12-Apr-17 21:44:42

Yeah think we'll have a family holiday and see what happens I definitely think holidays help with stuff like this you can just get away from normal life and work for a couple weeks. I'm back at work which is good at keast some sort of routine back in my life xx

Cocoabean25 Fri 14-Apr-17 20:18:59

I went on holiday last week to Majorca and it was definitely what I needed. I went to an adults only hotel with my mum which was much better because there wasn't any children to constantly remind me of the miscarriage. I am still very sad but getting there. Would definitely recommend getting away for a bit. A holiday gives you a chance to rest, relax and think clearly when you are away from day to day normality xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now