Talk

Advanced search

Chemical pregnancy / early miscarriage - what to expect?

(3 Posts)
MegsMog Wed 05-Apr-17 17:49:39

Hi all. Found out on Monday (at 5+2) that this pregnancy had failed after getting a negative pregnancy test. Hospital confirmed my HCG levels were only 9, so I don't think my body ever got going with the pregnancy.

I've been bleeding since Monday evening but so far it's been much lighter than I expected - much like my period, TBH. Is that normal for loss which happens so early on? I guess I was expecting more bleeding but it seems to have all but finished already. My periods are usually pretty light and short.

Grateful for any advice as I've been putting off leaving the house in case I suddenly start bleeding lots.

Misssmoo Wed 05-Apr-17 18:00:57

I had a chemical in November and my bleeding was normal just like a period fell pregnant again in Jan but unfortunately lost this baby ...fingers crossed for u xx

leonielil8 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:35:51

Hi sorry for your loss, I had surgery so slightly different to you but also have very light periods I think you just need to give your body time and trust your instincts on what is normal for you, and get them to give you a scan do see how much tissue is left this will put your mind at rest about what u have to come/pass x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now