Advanced search

Waiting for Third mc

(17 Posts)
Stuckinstressville Mon 03-Apr-17 10:09:26

So just been signed off for two weeks to wait for my third mc to happen. 1st was at 5 weeks , 2nd was mmc at about 10w, this one is coming up to 7weeks. Such a lovely gp though. She even tried to give me hope despite epu being certain that my hcg is not increasing and progesterone being low and my uterus seeming empty last week at 6 weeks but the epu were certain.

Those who have been in this horrific situation- what happens now? I have a
dc1 so will this be investigated on the NHS? It so we simply keep trying?
I have hashimotos hypothyroidism so have antibodies as well.

Second post on this as my first one was a bit rambling!

BelleBeauty82 Mon 03-Apr-17 16:35:25

Hi Stuck

Sorry to read about your third loss. I have recently had my third miscarriage and my GP has referred me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic at our local hospital so I am awaiting my appointment. I also have a DS. Easily conceived over 3 years ago. Were your miscarriages in a row? Or did your child come in between?

Stuckinstressville Mon 03-Apr-17 16:46:07

Thanks Belle for replying ! In a row in the past year,ds is 18months old. No issues with him 6 months of ttc.

My thyroid collapsed post partum
And my bmi is up from 27 to 29.8 so I am seeing a dietician to shift the weight as well.

Am sorry for your losses too... I feel in rl I can't say anything as friends are ttc and I just get dismissed as have ds.

Linzdoc17 Mon 03-Apr-17 17:03:28

I'm at the epu tomorrow for scan. 6w2d. Third loss. Last two were may at 6 weeks found out at 8. July at 4.5weeks. I'm 40. I know. I'm not sure I can go through this again. My body doesn't naturally resolve so it's surgical for me. Any ideas on what you say to get the medics to take you seriously. I can fall. Just can't carry. Slight bicornuate uterus. I'm on the floor emotionally. I have a DD who is 6. Seems to be everyone's response - you've got one. Never posted before. Hope you have a straightforward process stuck x

Stuckinstressville Mon 03-Apr-17 18:15:55

Oh Linz am sorry for your pain and losses.

Do you know for certain you have lost? Was advised as last erpc was only Dec not to repeat so soon but I can't just sit and wait - I can't work in case it happens... I can't go to the gym ... it is suffocating with the grief and seclusion.

I am so bitter about it all and the gp saying until it happens to have hope. Pah.

Linzdoc17 Mon 03-Apr-17 18:44:16

Yes. I'm rock bottom. Will know in the morning but has the hallmarks of the last one. If it is a loss I'm not sure I can do it again. Have a friend offering to carry for me. I can get Pg three times in 12 months. Just won't stick. I know they say to have hope. It's the hardest thing to do. Will dread going back into the scanning room. Seeing that ceiling again. Will you try again. Im told that we are super fertile for a while afterwards.

Stuckinstressville Mon 03-Apr-17 18:51:53

I need to process and lose this properly as sitting here with it all still inside me... also three times in a year.
Have repeat bloods again Friday but no scan. The one last week showed an empty uterus so was deeemed a pregnancy of unknown location. So still poss ectopic but I am just being left to nature despite any wishes I have.
A scan could prove if it is continuing or failed but they will not repeat this week.

Linzdoc17 Mon 03-Apr-17 19:49:05

So awful. Mine also in 12 months. Hope not ectopic. If you have any additional pain they might have to see you. The epu here is ok. It's the surgical staff who lack humanity in their work but I guess we are mere machines to them. I'm trying to hide my tears from my dd aged 6. Maybe destined as an only.

Stuckinstressville Tue 04-Apr-17 09:46:10

Been called back in for a scan as they are pretty certain it is ectopic as my
Hcg was high yet uterus empty. Waiting now. Need a vat of coffee as ds is full of virus and coughed and vomited all night. Yawn.

Linzdoc17 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:48:12

Are you likely to have the op today. Hope it goes well. I had the scan. I thought was 6+2. Saw gest sac and yolk sac measuring 5 weeks. Not fetal pole. No embryo. So wait for 9 days. Which will seem like 90. No symptoms. If I go back next week to find no or not enough change then won't be till after bank hols they will book me in. I have been bleeding since trans uss too. Not sure if that's normal either. Fingers crossed your procedure is straightforward. I'm not well schooled on ectopic things.

Stuckinstressville Tue 04-Apr-17 13:02:22

I had sort of good news. It is not eptopic! It is 4 mm gest sac in my uterus ( which wasn't there before) but given I know when I ov and I am 6.5weeks - my hcg is not increasing - i am
Waiting for a natural as I was advised erpc too close together is not ideal. The worst is the morning sickness knowing it is for a dying embryo but will get over it.

So new scan booked 15th( 10 days ) and hopefully would have happened by then. To be honest relieved ... to know there is no life threatening complication and to just wait is better.

Am being optimistic. This is all I can do today.

Stuckinstressville Tue 04-Apr-17 13:03:25

Linz sorry you received the worst news too. Hugs and choc cakeflowers and hope you can endure the wait.

Linzdoc17 Tue 04-Apr-17 13:16:52

That's positive news. Keeping both tubes in tact. So we both wait now. Try to keep optimistic is all there is xx star

Pleasemrstweedie Tue 04-Apr-17 13:19:49

OP, it is quite likely that your hypothyroidism is the root cause of your miscarriages.

Are your meds increased as soon as you get your BFP? They should be.

Can you ask for a referral to an endocrinologist before you try again?

Stuckinstressville Tue 04-Apr-17 13:52:04

Please - I had a blood test when I thought I was 4 weeks- and my tsh was .56 and my t4 was 24 so well within the limits. Am suspecting it is thyroid antibodies for hashi as this is an auto immune version . But again who knows . My endo consultant discharged me as being ok before xmas so unsure on next steps.

Linzdoc17 Thu 13-Apr-17 15:40:27

Stuck - MMC number 3. Waiting for confirmation scan before surgery next week. Hope you're doing ok xx

harrietm87 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:11:07

Hi stuck remember you from the November thread. I'm in a similar position - 2 previous mcs - one last year, then we stopped trying, conceived first go in Jan and miscarried at 5 weeks, conceived again in March. Had scan yesterday expecting to be 7+4 but measuring 5.5 weeks. Because of previous mc they think my dates could be out so I'm being scanned again in a fortnight, but I know they can't be wrong by that much and baby must have stopped growing. I'm hypothyroid too but my levels were perfect a week ago. How are you coping? The wait is just agonising.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: