Talk

Advanced search

Am I being greedy?

(6 Posts)
wdywac Tue 21-Mar-17 23:51:53

I've just had my 3rd mc in 13 months. 10 wks, then my lovely, tiny boy at 21 wks, now another at 8 wks. I'm beyond devastated. Each time I'm sure it'll be fine. I have 2 healthy kids. I just want one more. Am I being greedy? I've nowhere to turn. Hospital says just to try again. I work and my employer is awful. I was off after my late mc; I asked for confidentilaity, he ignored it, I became office gossip, I have PTSD and it was unbearable, he's nitpicking all my work. People still won't shut up with the coments 'well at least you have 2' 'you can always try again' 'you're impacting team sales targets' He can't find out so whatever happens I have to be all smiles and back at my desk in the morning. But I miss my babies and I just want one more. Is it wrong of me to want to keep trying? I don't want to lose my job. I just want another baby.

user1490271758 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:07:19

Hugs flowers

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 23-Mar-17 14:09:10

You're not being greedy and your boss is an arse.

gincamelbak Thu 23-Mar-17 14:09:19

flowers you are not being greedy. Not one bit. I'm so sorry for you. X

Iggi999 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:15:36

I'm amazed after three losses in a row you aren't being offered investigations.

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 23-Mar-17 14:15:44

Pressed send too soon...

In my experience people have no clue how what to say in response to the awful times you've been through. I'm so sorry that you've had to experience this, I've been through similar and it's devastating.

Two points - firstly you've had three miscarriages, have you asked for testing to try and find potential reasons? It shouldn't matter that you already have children. If you have investigations they may throw up something that can be done differently next time (drugs etc). Is there a rainbow clinic/recurrent miscarriage clinic near you? They would be able to help you in a future pregnancy.

Secondly, I would really advise you to take time off work, especially after all you've been through. Can you get your GP to sign you off? You don't need the stress of work or your boss/colleagues.

So sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now