17 weeks and waters broke

(115 Posts)
fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 00:07:25

I'm just so stunned I think I have to write it down in order to cope. This has been a long awaited DC2, we were trying for 18 months. Rocky start to the pregnancy - bleeding and a couple of early scans at the epu, which showed no problems everything fine, baby healthy. Just when I thought we were in the clear my waters broke this afternoon. I'm floored. At the hospital since 5pm waiting to see if I go into spontaneous labour. I'm only 17 weeks no chance for baby to survive, I'm just so crushed.

ScarletSienna Sun 19-Mar-17 00:17:09

This must be absolutely awful for you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you got someone with you?

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 00:22:41

Thanks Scarletsienna, yes it's absolutely terrible. Thsnkfully DH is allowed to stay overnight and we've got out own room. My mum was here till an hour ago being a rock for the two of us. The hospital so far have been incredibly caring and sensitive. The worst thing was seeing the scan and babies heartbeat - the baby was still alive at 6pm. Not sure about now.

Tortycat Sun 19-Mar-17 00:24:23

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this- sounds devastating. Glad to know you have support around flowers

doublesnap Sun 19-Mar-17 00:26:33

flowers

babyinthacorner Sun 19-Mar-17 00:27:56

So sorry to read this. Hand holding x

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 00:35:57

Thank you ops it helps. Still getting my head around the fact I actually have to deliver the baby.

ScarletSienna Sun 19-Mar-17 00:40:06

Have they given you an idea of how things will likely happen now? It must be scary as well as so sad flowers

doublesnap Sun 19-Mar-17 00:46:15

Have you got your Mum there or somebody you can talk through it all with and think about what you want to happen after you have delivered the baby. The hospital hopefully will have helpful suggestions that you may want to consider.
flowers

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 00:52:30

ScarletSienna - sort of but they can't exactly predict how it will go. They are keeping me in and waiting to see if I go into labour spontaneously. If not they will induce in the morning.

Doublesnap- yes thanks. My DH is here with me. Today hospital so far have been amazing taking us through the process.

bialystockandbloom Sun 19-Mar-17 01:14:29

I'm so sorry fibre there's not much I can say but am thinking of you and your little one flowers

ScarletSienna Sun 19-Mar-17 06:55:49

I imagine this has been the worst night. Really hope you are still feeling supported. Thinking of you flowers

Sofabitch Sun 19-Mar-17 06:59:31

Induce at 17 weeks! Don't agree to that without getting several extra opinons. Especially if baby still has a good heart beat.

There have been cases of baby surviving without waters.

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 19-Mar-17 07:00:35

flowers I'm so sorry.

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 08:29:14

bialystockandbloom & WanderingTrolley1 - thanks.

ScarletSienna - yesort, last night was a long night. They gave me some meds this morning to start moving things along.

Sofabitch - I have literally lost all of the amniotic fluid and my cervix is soft. I have seen 2 consultants and 3 midwives so far so I think this is probably the best course as they are worried about infection.

Oly5 Sun 19-Mar-17 08:35:35

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I agree the baby won't survive. You poor, poor thing. Take care of yourself xx

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 19-Mar-17 08:37:04

I am so sorry op. I also went into pre-term labour, its such a shock and so difficult getting your head around it.

I know that sometimes if not all the waters have gone they will hold on to see what happens, but if it's all gone then they're right about the risk of infection.

Sending you lots of moral support - please don't be afraid to talk about it, it's a really tough thing to process.

hannahbanana2007 Sun 19-Mar-17 08:43:15

I have no advice but couldn't read and not just say how sorry I am, cannot imagine how you are both feeling right now x

mrstomriddle Sun 19-Mar-17 08:44:55

So sorry to hear what you're going through. Sending love to you all flowers

Meowstro Sun 19-Mar-17 08:50:42

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Write everything you feel down to get it all out even if it's here and I hope you get the support you need from loved ones as well. Is DH still with you now?

I'm here for the hand hold and sending hugs flowers

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 14:15:43

Thanks for all the kind words ops. Yes DH is still here, and luckily grandparents & my DB are local to look after DS. I've had my 2nd dose now and having mild contractions.

LittleFox10 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:30:09

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this OP sad
I went through similar 2 and half years ago. I delivered my baby boy at 17 weeks, it was my first pregnancy. Heartbeat was heard and seen at my 2pm scan, started pushing around 8pm but had to stop as the placenta was coming first, then delivered him at 00:36.

I was unaware at the time that I'd have people coming to see me all night talking about arranging a funeral & doctors coming in to arrange operation for the morning.

All my love goes to you, thinking of you and your family at this very hard time. Xxxx

WowserBowser Sun 19-Mar-17 18:35:34

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

Im so sorry flowers

paddypants13 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:12:40

No advice but a huge virtual hug for you and your dh. I'm sorry for your loss.

fibrecruncher Sun 19-Mar-17 19:36:25

LittleFox10 - sounds like we had similar experiences. I've just received my 3rd dose and so far the umbilical cord and little ones foot have passed through my cervix. It's awful they have to keep pushing them back as my cervix isn't open enough yet to deliver. We seem to have been doing all post mortem, funeral arrangements as we go. I was a bit shocked at first bit maybe it's better to do it now before baby is born as I think we'll be beside ourselves later. We have been here since 5pm yesterday though.

WowserBowser & paddypants13 - thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now