Talk

Advanced search

Having a bad day.

(4 Posts)
Embobolina88 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:38:34

I have a healthy happy 18 month old. I adore him and can't get enough of him. I was so excited to give him a baby brother or sister- he loves babies. But I miscarried at 11 weeks in October then at 9 weeks in February. I've been doing ok- holding it together, my father in law in terminally ill so I've been trying to keep it together. But took my little one to a toddler group today where he was all over a young baby, it broke my heart. It hit me again. Then I have an elderly lady telling me to make the most of my little one because it goes so fast. I know it goes fast, and it's killing me the thought I might not get to do it again. I know we are so lucky to have one healthy child, some people aren't so lucky. I feel guilty moaning but it's just how I feel.

I've been doing fine. But I'm feeling rock bottom again now. We're waiting at least a year before we even think of trying again. If I miscarry again I don't think my husband will let me put myself through it again.

Someone lift me up please!!!!!

Mamimawr Thu 16-Mar-17 16:51:02

I really feel for you. Miscarriage is so cruel. I had two missed miscarriages at 12 and 11 weeks. The next pregnancy was successful thank goodness and I had a healthy little boy. I took a small dose of asprin daily throughout this pregnancy - this is something you could look into as pregnancies lost after 9 weeks are often to do with blood clotting problems. Be kind to yourself and enjoy your little boy. Good luck for your next pregnancy.

Embobolina88 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:27:47

Thank you for your message. Are you in the U.K.? Did your dr or midwife recommend that? I have read that before. My miscarriage in October I was 11 weeks, had diarrhoea and cramping and baby literally fell out of me, it was so heartbreaking. The one in February I paid for an earlyish scan and was told there was only a yolk which meant I probably never got past five weeks. X

Mamimawr Thu 16-Mar-17 23:51:31

Yes I'm in the UK. The aspiring wasn't recommended to me but I was open with every midwife / doctor / consultant and they were happy for me to tale it, a few said it was a good idea. I found a lot of information in this book -
Miscarriage: What Every Woman Needs to Know : a Positive New Approach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now