Talk

Advanced search

How long for MC to start, collapsed gestational sac

(4 Posts)
24sevenminicab Thu 16-Mar-17 10:27:32

This is the last place I ever thought I would find myself posting. I am sad for each and everyone of us who finds ourselves posting here. It is so unfair and the pain is unbeareable.

This wasn't meant to happen. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I am supposed to be pregnant and happy and make plans and think positively. I am not supposed to be crying everyday and waiting for the miscarriage to happen. It is not supposed to be like this. I don't know what to do, what to think, how to get myself out of this hell.

I had an early scan where I was supposed to be 7+1 but I measured two weeks behind about 5 weeks. I was told to go to EPU for management. The gestational sac was 6.1mm.

On monday, I was scanned at the EPU and the gestational sac and yolk sac were 6.8mm and 1.1 mm respectively.

Tuesday I had a scan and the gestational sac was 7.8mm.

Yesterday, I had another scan and the gestational sac was 8.4mm and the yolk sac was 2.4mm.

I have been asked to come in for another scan in two weeks.

I have been having brown discharge that's why they have scanned me multiple times to check for bleeds inside.

I was fine as the sac were growning. But when I came home yesterday I noticed the note on the report saying the gestational sac is collapsing. After a fair amount of googling I found out that an mc is imminent. I just don't know what to think and do.
Thank you for listening. I am so sorry for all these babies who have been loved and lost. It's too cruel.

emvy Thu 16-Mar-17 20:04:33

I'm so sorry 24seven. Do you have a number for the advice line at your EPU? Please stop googling, it really doesn't help. I did the same during a 10 day wait between scans and drove myself mad. I still had a mmc. I now do not google unless I really feel I have to and only then do I look on either the NHS website or the Miscarriage Association website (for such related searches). Googling other people's stories gets you no closer to understanding yours and the pain will still be just as raw if it ends badly. My point is, you need to ring and talk to them about your concerns. That's why they have the advice line.

Keep busy over the next two weeks. Immerse yourself in things you enjoy, jobs that need doing. I wish you the absolute best, please look after yourself flowers

24sevenminicab Fri 17-Mar-17 09:33:08

emvy it was so hard for me to come back to this thread as it's all so raw and painful for me. I just want to thank you for your kind message and comforting words. Thank you x

emvy Fri 17-Mar-17 17:57:13

Not at all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now