Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage or Ectoptic Pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
paigeleeforever182 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:58:51

Really need some opinions!! I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and I've been having really bad sharp pains in my right side and up through my right shoulder. I went to the ER, last night and they didn't say much, blood work came back fine. This is the 3rd blood test I've had, and my levels have all gone up. They did an ultrasound, and said it's too early to see anything so we would just have to wait and call my doctor. It's the weekend, so I'm not able to call my doctor until Monday. I went to that ER again tonight because the pain countined and seemed to worsen, it also lasted 3 hours and had not gone away. They took blood and urine. Now my hcg levels have dropped from last night to 420 to 230. They also said I have a uti, and started me on antibiotics. They said to follow up with a doctor, and that the pain could be from the uti, but the low levels could also be an indication that I had a miscarriage. But I have no bleeding and I'm not feeling any pain in my actual stomach. Just my right side, more towards my back. Has anyone else experience anything like this or have any advice as to if I should be worried? Could it be ectopic? Is it still possible to have abnormal pregnancy if your levels happen to drop? I just have no idea why my levels would continue to increase, and then just drop all of a sudden? sad

emvy Sat 11-Mar-17 10:58:58

Sorry to hear you're going through a worrying time. Did they do an external ultrasound? I don't know much about ectopics so hopefully someone else can shed some more light on that for you.. I have heard that significant pain on one side and pain in your shoulders are signs but like I say, I don't know much about it all so don't take my word for it. If I was you, I'd be looking at getting a scan with your Early Pregnancy Unit, who you can get a referral to through your GP or now it's the weekend, 111 might be able to get you in. I also don't know much about level changes but you can of course not have any bleeding if you have a missed miscarriage but don't get ahead of yourself. I think the pain you're experiencing is your main concern and I'd use that to try and get yourself an internal ultrasound at EPU. Best of luck to you flowers

paigeleeforever182 Mon 13-Mar-17 06:35:23

Haven't had any pain the past 2 days since I've been taking the antibiotics for uti. Finally Monday tomorrow, so i'm gonna call my Dr. And hopefully will know more!!

emvy Mon 13-Mar-17 08:58:44

Glad the pain has subsided. I have everything crossed is was the uti (however uncomfortable they are!), best of luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now