Talk

Advanced search

No idea what my body is doing-normal after MC?

(5 Posts)
hotcookie Fri 10-Mar-17 08:15:06

Hi,
I had a MMC, confirmed 12 weeks ago, at around 8 weeks (but baby never got beyond about 3mm foetal pole). I had ERPC under GA 11weeks ago.
My problem is I have no idea what my cycle is doing. I had 1st period after 4 weeks, then my 2nd after 30 days, and on wednesday I started my 3rd (3 weeks later!) I thought I had some ovulation signs(EWCM) this month, but not as obvious as they were before pregnancy, & around CD12. This period came completely out of the blue, with no PMS signs, but was heavy bleeding on wednesday, but nothing since.
Before all this my cycles were 25 days, my period lasted 4-5 days. Since ERPC they have lasted about 3-5 days, and were much lighter, although started HEAVY. I was weepy 2 days before the last one, but like I said, no signs this month.
I REALLY want to get preg again, I am turning 39 later in the year, the MC was my 1st pregnancy.
Has anyone had similar weirdness after a MC. Can it take a while for my ovaries to restart, or can my luteal period change completely? I'm really worried that they have decided to shut down and do things stupidly.
Is there any point in my going to my doctor yet?

123Fox123 Sat 11-Mar-17 13:23:54

Hi,

I have just created a thread about my experience. I had a missed miscarriage 3.5 months ago at 9 weeks and have only had one period since then. It took me 6.5 weeks to have a period after my D&C and I was really hopeful it meant my body was getting back to normal. However, when I did the daily testing using fertility strips during my estimated peak time, they indicated I didn't ovulate so now I still haven't had my second period (I'm 10 days late but all teas indicate I'm not pregnant). It's so frustrating when all you want to know is that your body is back to normal and you can conceive. I hope it works out for both of us.

DubiousCredentials Sat 11-Mar-17 14:01:29

I was like this after a mmc. 21 day bleeds etc. Madness. I started taking agus castus (sp) eventually and was preg the cycle after. Might have been a coincidence but it seemed to put my cycle back on track. And cheap and easy to try!

I'd actually see the gp in the interim period for blood tests to see if I was ovulating but on the day I went to see her for the results I got my bfp!

DubiousCredentials Sat 11-Mar-17 14:02:20

But to answer your question, if it was me I would see gp.

hotcookie Sun 12-Mar-17 18:01:10

Thanks,
after period arriving weds with no warning, I had nothing thursday or friday, small amt bleeding friday night, nothing yesterday, and then today it feels like normal period pains, but very light.
I'm paranoid about ashermans syndrome after my op, but also worried that after a pregnancy my body has decided it wants to go into menopause!
I'll book a dr appt I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now