Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage a month ago, still getting positive pregnancy test.

(5 Posts)
milkyjo Tue 07-Mar-17 14:47:52

Hello all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took to get a negative pregnancy test/ period return after a miscarriage. I had a natural one when I thought I was 8 weeks but foetus only measured 5 weeks on the scan. I started bleeding and went to EPU then went back a week later to confirm. I bled for 2 and a half weeks (about 5 days was brown blood like the end of period). I have no pregnancy symptoms, they disappeared quite quickly. I stopped bleeding about 9 days ago so thought the hcg would've gone by now. DH and I are having unprotected sex but I'm assuming I won't ovulate until the hcg has completely gone. I'm getting through a lot of pregnancy tests and hoping for a negative!

putputput Tue 07-Mar-17 14:56:05

I would ring your epu. There's always a risk that there may be some retained products.

McBaby Tue 07-Mar-17 15:08:03

I would go back for a further scan to check for retained products. My tests took 6 weeks to get back down to non pregnant levels as I had a small piece of retained material.

Once they were below five I ovulated and got pregnant again the following week.

emvy Tue 07-Mar-17 19:45:58

As others have said, call epu and they will scan to make sure all the products are gone - your positive test suggests they're not.

milkyjo Wed 08-Mar-17 22:50:23

Thanks for your replies. It's been manic with dd vomiting bug and ds school being evacuated today so haven't phoned EPU. I've started bleeding again today and having some cramps. It's brown blood again though, also did another test that came up positive again! I haven't got a temperature and not smelly discharge. Tomorrow is a busy day at work but I'll see if I can ring EPU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now