Talk

Advanced search

Please help!

(5 Posts)
Nikkilyn8888 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:51:31

Today 12:48 Nikkilyn8888

Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice as I'm going insane and so confused!
Here is my story...
I found out that we were expecting our 3rd baby on 1st February 2017, on the 6th of February I started spotting. Very light and to my knowledge spotting was very common. On the 13th February the spotting turned from very light and brown in colour to bright red and moderate in flow. I went to the EPU at my local hospital who did a transvaginal scan but couldn't see a lot as I was very early on. My HCG levels came back at 3940 and I was referred for a scan the following Wednesday. At this scan all they could see was a sac and dated me at 5w4d, told me to go back 2 weeks later. So on the 1st March (7w4d) I went for another scan and they told me the sac had grown but it appeared empty. All this time I was still bleeding, no clots and no cramps. I was told I could wait to pass the sac naturally, take medication or have a D&C. I chose to wait. However, since that scan I have stopped bleeding completely and my pregnancy symptoms are showing no sign of stopping. Has anyone ever had a misdiagnosed miscarriage? I feel like I'm going crazy, I don't want to get my hopes up but can't help but think my little peanut is still there and just doesn't want to be seen yet. I don't know whether to wait it out or go back to be checked over.
Please someone give me hope. Thankyou. X

Yoshirabbit Mon 06-Mar-17 13:19:24

I'm going through the opposite, I knew I was having a miscarriage but health experts kept telling me I'm fine! In my experience, listen to your body. It is possible to misdiagnose a misscarriage but I also been told that pregnancy symptoms can continue with a misscarriage as the hormones increase slightly at the beginning before they begin to drop. If in doubt, get a second opinion. Sorry to hear you are going through this. flowers

Gingerbreadmam Mon 06-Mar-17 13:22:20

Sadly Nikki i had a similar story but even less bleeding and it never happened on it's own i needed intervention. I spent weeks convincing myself everythimg was ok and the sac had grown etc but it wasnt meant to be.

im very sorry flowers

Nikkilyn8888 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:30:29

Thankyou for your replies, maybe I should give it a few more days and go back for a check over? I just feel like I need a definite answer, the uncertainty is killing me. sad

Gingerbreadmam Mon 06-Mar-17 13:38:52

i think the options they have gave you confirm it is a missed miscarraige. it might be helpful to call them and ask for clarity before you make a decision on how to manage it. thinking of you. i know how difficult this is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now