Talk

Advanced search

coping with pregnancy after 2 miscarriages

(6 Posts)
stodgy13 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:29:37

Hi all
This is my first ever post so apologies if I am on the wrong board or anything.
I had two early mc (one of which was missed) in the last 9 months and am currently 11 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy (no other children).
I am feeling more hopeful as each week passes but I also feel more terrified of it happening again. I had a scan at 7 weeks which showed a heart beat but it just feels like a lifetime ago and still 2 weeks to go until my dating scan. I was feeling sick and sore swollen breasts etc but this has pretty much gone now which just adds to the anxiety. I do of course hope things are ok still but I also feel like I just want to know either way. the waiting is so hard.
I hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering if anyone could share their stories of getting through the wait.

Smurf123 Fri 03-Mar-17 17:31:45

Hi stodgy 13 congratulations on your current pregnancy and sorry for your previous loses. There is a thread on the pregnancy board.. Staying posifrickive after miscarriage. There's lots of people on there who have been through similar situations. Hope it helps

SharkBastard Fri 03-Mar-17 17:34:04

Congratulations! I'm now 33 weeks pregnant after 2 miscarriages...the first 20 weeks were hard, mentally and physically. I took it one day at a time, and try to remember that what will be will be.

It's so draining, but it gets so much easier the further you get

AnyFucker Fri 03-Mar-17 17:34:55

I had two successful pregnancies following two miscarriages. I never stopped worrying the whole time. It comes with the territory I think, long gone was the innocent excitement that other people seemed able to enjoy.

However, once my first was born safely I seemed immune to all the newborn worrying that seems to plague some folk, so that was a silver lining smile

All the best flowers

stodgy13 Sat 04-Mar-17 09:41:20

thank you all for the messages. it's really nice to hear positive stories. just what I needed. I shall take a look over on the other board too.

Blueflowers2011 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:49:25

Two successful pregnancies here, 3 MC (1 before the first, 2 after the second)

- You never stop worrying - so even though obvious advice, try to stop worrying about worrying.
- There is nothing you can do about it - if it happens yes, totally devastating but I used to just tell myself there was something that wasn't right and my body just did what it had to do to prepare for the right one.
- Every minute felt like an hour for me until I had my babies in my arms, difficult to think about anything else so you are not alone.
- This sounds silly but I backdated my pregnancy on my calendar on my PC at work so I was 1 week behind. Of course I knew i wasnt but when i used to obsessively sneak a peak during my busy days I would just see week 6 instead of week 7. When I got to the scanning week it felt like it came round quicker (maybe thats just how my mind works!).

- Youtube - search Mindfulness in... (can be for anything, pregnancy, relaxation, sleeping, energising etc) and listen to it in the background either at bedtime or at times when you feel you could do with switching off.

I was totally dubious about this but used this a lot during both pregnancies and still use to switch off at night (go through them until you find the one for you as they are all slightly different). It just made me relax which can only be good for you.

Congratulations and good luck, start looking after yourself now, early nights, healthy food (mostly!). Sorry for the long post. understand how you feel and want to make it feel better for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now