Talk

Advanced search

No second period after miscarriage, migraines

(4 Posts)
Millypad Mon 27-Feb-17 17:59:50

Hi there,

I had a D&C at 9 weeks on October 28th. I had my first period in early December; it was light but lasted for two weeks. It's now late Feb and I haven't had another period. I've also hadn't terrible migraines and a prickly head, I've had tests at the docs and they don't think it's anything in the brain, but possibly related to the fact my periods haven't returned. I'm 31 and desperate to fall pregnant again - does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I got pregnant pretty much as soon as I came off the pill so don't know much about my cycle other than I used to have very short ones in my early twenties. I am feeling a bit desperate now.

Thank you,
Emily

Millypad Thu 02-Mar-17 07:18:53

Any thoughts at all? Please forgive persistence but am at a loss x

tigerdog Thu 02-Mar-17 07:27:39

Have they checked for any retained tissue since the procedure? I would push for a scan if you haven't had one since, to make sure all is clear and there is no damage or scarring.

It is hard to say what to expect if you don't know your regular cycles. I have found acupuncture useful to bring on ovulation and periods when they've been delayed in the past, so could be worth a try.

I had a D&C in November, got pregnant again in January and now waiting for another one after another miscarriage this week - it's just shit. sad

Hope you get some answers soon.

Millypad Fri 03-Mar-17 09:46:35

tigerdog, I'm so sorry to hear that. I am thinking of you, and shit is indeed the word. Thank you for taking the time to answer, a scan may well be the way to go. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now