Talk

Advanced search

First period advice

(5 Posts)
MochaChocaChino Wed 22-Feb-17 21:19:13

Just after some advice please. Miscarried naturally on 22 Jan and stopped bleeding a couple of weeks ago although still had a bit of spotting occasionally.

Apologies if tmi but yesterday eve I felt a gush and assumed it was first period starting. Bled a little bit today, but about an hour ago felt the same sensation and I've filled a maternity pad in the time it took me to get upstairs to the loo. Now I've just passed a massive clot the size of my fist.

Help! Is this normal for a first period or could it still be my body miscarrying? I thought I had a negative pregnancy test on Sunday but when I went back to it later there was a line indicating it might be positive?! So confused!

NetflixandBill Wed 22-Feb-17 21:34:38

I've read several times on here that if youre filling a pad an hour you should seek medical attention. Did you have another scan to check all the products had come away?

MochaChocaChino Wed 22-Feb-17 22:16:01

Thanks so much for your reply Netflix, no I haven't had another scan to check. Think I'll try and get through tonight and call the EPU tomorrow.

Cocoabean25 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:34:59

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Big hugs to you xx I've read that the first period can be heavy because it's your body's way of passing the rest of the pregnancy tissue but that seems like a lot of blood to me so would speak to your gp. My first period was definitely heavier but certainly not that heavy xxx

MochaChocaChino Wed 22-Feb-17 23:09:49

Thanks for your reply Cocoa I really appreciate you taking the time. It has eased again now but I've still got period like cramps. Definitely calling EPU first thing and will try and get a scan to check all is ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now