Talk

Advanced search

Brown spotting with flashing smiley face

(4 Posts)
Sunseeker17 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:37:58

Hi all

I am looking for some advice. I miscarried my little one just over 3 weeks ago (I was 11 wks but baby died at 8wks 4- I opted to miscarry naturally as I thought my body would know what to do). I tested negative for pregnancy about 10 days later. The bleeding also completely stopped by then. The very next day I started tracking my ovulation by using Clearblues dual hormone OPK. Well it was about 10 days of clear circles and no bleeding until 3 days ago when I started getting a flashing smiley face. The strange thing is I also started having small amounts of brown discharge on the exact same day (only really when I wipe- sorry if tmi). I am so confused. I thought the brown discharge would be a sign that my period is coming. But how does that explain the surge in estrogen?

So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether I should be expecting to eventually get a solid face in the next few days or whether my period is coming? Anyone else had any similar experiences after miscarriage? Thanks!

Thingymaboob Wed 22-Feb-17 20:10:15

I got brown discharge on and off until my next proper period after a mc. I especially found that it increased (looked like brown / light pink snot) around the first time I ovulated. I think it's because you produce quite a lot of extra mucous during this time, it was just picking up some old mc blood which hadn't cleared on us way out. I think it's unlikely to be anything sinister. Wait and see what happens over next few weeks. If it keeps happened go and see your GP

Sunseeker17 Thu 23-Feb-17 13:03:50

Thanks that is really comforting to know other women experienced something similar re the spotting! It doesn't feel physically like something similar is going on so I suppose that's good. So ready for my body to be back to normal...The upheaval in hormones has also done my skin no favours - acne overload! 😩

Sunseeker17 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:43:32

Just thought I would update that my period arrived late last night. I have no idea what the flashing smiley face was about, probably just the device picking up a change in my hormones! It was a little bit sad but I'm glad my body is back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now