Talk

Advanced search

Have I had a miscarriage?

(2 Posts)
elliesmith85 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:46:46

Hi,
I am looking for some advice I have an appointment with my GP next week but in the meantime I am driving myself mad. I am pretty sure I have miscarried but as I'm sure most people who miscarry I am holding on to a tiny bit of hope.
I have PCOS and have been ttc for years now. I finally got a positive ovulation test on 18th January and 2 weeks later got a positive pregnancy test. I have really irregular periods but going by my last period and this imformation I was thinking I was about 7 weeks. However obviouslyI could have ovulated at anytime my cycles are all over the place.
A week after my postive pregnancy test I started spotting. At first it was light and then when I wiped I saw red blood. The morning after it would go back to brown again and it would carry on like this for a few days. I went to A&e after some advice and they did a urine test. The test cameback negative which really confused me as by then I had taken about 12 different home pregnancy tests which all said pregnant. This was a Friday so the following Monday I went to my Doctors for a blood test. The results came up as 4 weeks pregnant- HCG levels 103. I thought I must have ovulated later than I thought and this must have been why the urine test was negative at the Hospital. The following day I started bleeding a bit heavier. I wouldn't say really heavy just like a normal period maybe lighter but it was red blood and 2 clots came out. They were about the size of a coin and were dark purple/red jelly. I assume that was the baby (or what would have been my baby.) I also had cramps but I wasn't doubled over or anything. They just seemed like period cramps that lasted about a day.
I then had another blood test and was told my HCG levels were 128 so they were rising but not doubling. I was handed a leaflet on miscarriage and sent on my way!
Even typing it all out I am pretty sure it's obvious I have just gone through an early miscarriage and that's that but I hope you can't blame me for hoping that I am just early on and it might have just been a bleed. It has been 8 days since the first spotting and I am still seeing red/ brown when I wipe but not much. I checked my cervix and although it feels lower it is still soft and closed. My boobs are still tender. Pregnancy tests are still faint positive but I suppose they would be until HCG leave my system.
Has anyone been through something similar? Does this just sound like an obvious miscarriage case closed?
Thank you and I appreciate any advice.

Thingymaboob Fri 17-Feb-17 22:39:10

Unfortunately it does sound like an early miscarriage. HCGs might initially rise but the numbers are low and they're not increasing enough. It took me 2 weeks after bleeding started to have a negative test. It's natural to be hopeful. I'm sorry this has happened. They'll want to monitor HCGs until low. They sent me away with a pregnancy test and told me to go back if it's still positive in a week (this was a week after bleeding started). Take care xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now