Talk

Advanced search

Recurrent miscarriage and fertility treatment

(3 Posts)
Coop82 Wed 15-Feb-17 01:40:55

We have been ttc for 3 1/2 years. We've fallen twice naturally sadly both Mc at around 6/7 wks. As we had taken 2 yrs to fall between we were referred to infertility clinic, we did 6 months of various drug combos clomid, injections etc. We only managed to have 2 full rounds of IUI during a 7 month period due to insemenation being cancelled due to overstimulation and twice missed ovulation. we had our final IUI on 30th Nov and were due to attend our first apt for IVF in Dec! A Few days before the apt I did a hpt and I was pregnant everything was confirmed at hosp and an 8 week scan arranged for 8+6 we were so excited, due to the other loses the started me on asprin straight away! I had all the symptoms of preg, but at the scan there was only a gestational sac & yolk no heartbeat! A silent miscarriage they called it! I had to return for weekly scans until they were happy to confirm the mc, I had a d&c a week ago and I think it's now only starting to appear real! I'm so devasted I can't explain how I feel, everyone is avoiding me for fear of upsetting me or themselves I don't know what to do! Has anyone had a similar story that's turned out with a successful preg??? Sorry for the long spiel

NicolaC17 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:24:32

Sadly I don't have a success story (yet). I had an ectopic pregnancy last February which was shortly followed by 2 miscarriages, I've had some initial blood tests done which haven't found any issues and I am being put forward for a SIM trial (scratch in miscarriage) I may or may not get the scratch, however, I will get follow up at the hospital and regular scans throughout my next pregnancy. Are you able to have any testing done now you have had three miscarriages? It would be a shame to go into IVF and have you fail if there is a simple solution.

I really hope it all works out for you.
Xx

Iggi999 Fri 17-Feb-17 00:12:45

You might get support/ideas over on this thread: (Ttc after miscarriage)
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2847101-ttc-after-miscarriage-thread-8

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now