Talk

Advanced search

Low hcg levels

(8 Posts)
confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 17:11:54

Also posted this in conception....wasn't sure of the best place to put it.

I thought I was about 5 weeks, I've done two FRER tests and a few cheapies, all positive (if a little faint).

I had to go to the hospital yesterday morning and they did bloods which I've just got the results for......hcg level of just 23!

Now I know this is really low, but just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar? I've got to go back tomorrow morning for more bloods to see if the levels go up/down.

Does anyone know the sensitivity of the FRER tests as I had a positive this morning that was deffo there (clutching at straws that the levels might have gone up....)

I'm praying for an increase....but seeing how low they are i have a horrible feeling that they might have already been dropping and that it's already over before it's even begun sad

Thingymaboob Tue 14-Feb-17 19:10:39

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I had low HCG levels too. Mine were way below expected. 23 for 5 weeks is very low. I know that's not what you want to hear. HCGs levels on their own don't mean much, it's what they do every 48 hours that counts. Hopefully you'll be massively surprised and they'll double. Your FRER test will be positive with a HCG of 6ish probably. It took me 2 weeks after I miscarried to show a negative test. So sorry. It's a horrible feeling! All the best xxx

confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 19:23:38

I know they are ridiculously low which makes me think that they've been falling for a few days.

I'm not deluding myself into thinking any miracles will happen, just want to get the results tomorrow evening so I can properly move on.

Thanks for taking the time to comment x

confusedinlimbo Wed 15-Feb-17 17:17:43

Thought i would update...levels have gone from 23 to 25....so now I'm even more confused!

I have to go back for more bloods on Friday.

These are not viable levels so I am completely perplexed. The dr on the phone was also confused.
I'm not expecting a miracle turnaround, I kind of just like to know when this will end.

I don't mean to sound heartless as I would love for this story to end well, but at these levels it's not possible and I just kind of want to move on if that makes any sense?

Thingymaboob Wed 15-Feb-17 17:20:47

So sorry to hear. Have you had a scan? Have you got any pain?

confusedinlimbo Wed 15-Feb-17 17:44:33

No pain at all, bled a bit on and off with some cramps at the weekend but not enough to fill a pad (sorry if TMI). Had the tiniest bit of brown spotting on and off since Monday.

Haven't been offered a scan as it was still early but if the results on Friday are still as confusing I think I'll push a bit more for what could be happening/what should I do....

Thingymaboob Wed 15-Feb-17 19:04:36

I think just wait - it'll be clearer after next blood test.

Archie2011 Wed 12-Jul-17 19:19:33

Hi I'm so confused I have been ttc for 3 years, have PCOS!! found out I was pregnant 10 days ago. Due to irregular periods in somewhere between 3-6 weeks!! Dr send me from bloods and they can back at (dr thought) 4weeks 6 day 52ml and 5weeks 122ml. Dr called me in today and said it's possible Ectopic and have booked a scan tomorrow morning, still having pregnancy symptoms and positive tests I'm so confused 😳😔

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now